Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Duty and Joy Dare Day 6

Back again with another two post day ~ can you stand it?!

This afternoon, Hubby and I had to head down to the police station in the town next to ours.  They wanted a statement from us about the "Creeper" that was in our backyard last September (You can read about it HERE). We met the officers at their lovely new building at 4:30 and each of us were taken in by a separate officer:  Hubby with the female, me with the male.

On a side note, it is interesting the difference between a Suburban Canadian police station and say the one I was at Friday morning in Niagara Falls, NY with my girlfriend.  In Niagara Falls (a suburb of Buffalo) we had to go through security like the airport, our bags going through a scanner and us through the walk-through thingy (my friend being "wanded" when she beeped going through).  Here, in our area, we just walked right into the station with nary a security device!

Anyhoo... back to today.  I sat with the Constable for about an hour, recounting to him what occurred that Sept 12 evening.  Fortunately for me I didn't see the Creeper's face so after that hour I was done and head back out to the lobby to wait for Hubby.  He, on the other hand, had seen the guy's face so his interview was longer and included a "line-up" of photos of suspected perps.  Another hour later, Hubby finally emerged and we head off in the direction of home.

I had asked "my" officer while in the room about the occurrence of these incidents with peeping toms.  He told me that unfortunately they were more common than one thinks.  How sad is that?  Our memories are amazing instruments in how sometimes we can block out unpleasant situations.  Hubby and I were talking on the way home about how blessed I was to have not seen the guys face.  I tend to have a photographic memory and had I seen him, I'm not sure I would have been able to block his face out.  Our neighbour at the other end of our complex was not so fortunate!

So, while I reflect on how grateful I am for the gift of our policemen and women who seek out such vial and sick individuals as our "Creeper", let's focus on today's Joy Dare.

Today's challenge was to find the gifts: one thing in my bag, my fridge and my heart.

In my bag I found this:


I'm grateful for this "gift" for a couple of reasons.  One is I am grateful for the country in which I live and the freedom I enjoy.  I also am grateful for this gift as it is my "passport" to adventure to various countries around the world, although most, if not all, my stamps in this particular one are from the U.S.

In my fridge is this gift:


I am truly thankful for the gift of water and milk - for the good they do my body in refreshing and strengthening it.  Too often I take both of these for granted!

Lastly, my heart...

My Honey!

This man captured my heart fast and furiously over 18 years ago and he continues to capture it day after day, year after year.  This man is my biggest gift from God outside of salvation!  My Hubby, who I adore with all my heart.  He teaches me daily about God's love and grace and I cannot ever thank God enough for him!!

So that's what I'm grateful for today and where today's joy comes from.  How 'bout you?  What's in your purse, fridge or heart today that you can thank God the Father for?

2 comments:

~Robin~ said...

Wow! I very much enjoyed your post! It was a great read first thing in the morning. Now all day I will think of whats in my purse, fridge and heart. We have so much to thank our Father for! I hope you have a blessed day, for you have blessed me.

Tammy said...

Great joy dare items, Sue. I just got my first passport in August and it still doesn't have any stamps in it. Maybe one of these days I'll have to cross the border and visit my Canadian friend ;-) Love ya!