1. If you could compete in one Olympic event (not necessarily winter sports) what would it be? I've always wished I could figure skate like the Olympic women. My first foray into that sport was last weekend when my Mii on Wii Vancouver 2010 Olympics took to the ice the first time and she/Mii won GOLD! I knew I was a closet figure skater after all!
2. Do remember a specific Olympic moment from the past? In the last Olympics, the Canadian pairs skaters, Jamie Sale and David Pelletier skated a perfect performance only to be robbed (at first) of the Gold when the judging was called into question. Later they were awarded the gold alongside the Russian pair but their medal win felt tainted and cheapened by the scandel.
3. Have you ever known anyone who competed in the Olympics? If I remember correctly, the couple who owns the cottage next door to my Dad's house on the lake were Olympic skaters. (Are you seeing a theme to my answers so far - ha ha)
4. If everyday activities were Olympic-worthy, which activity would you have a gold medal in? Internet Surfing... or knowledge of people magazine trivia
5. Do you know anything about your ethnic heritage? My grandparents on my Dad's side both came from Scotland in the early 1900's and I believe my grandparents on my Mom's side were from English heritage (although my maternal grandfather was adopted so not exactly sure what his heritage was). My Mom and I traveled to Scotland in the early 1980's and visited the grave site of my paternal great-grandparents which was really cool. We also saw the house my Grandpa was raised in.
6. Do you enjoy sleeping late? Sometimes, although the older I get, the shorter the "sleep ins" are.
7. Have you ever performed CPR on anyone? Do you know how? (Yes, that's two, I know. Whatevs.) Nope and wouldn't have a clue what to do.
8. Name one country you'd like to visit and explain why. Greece... it's BEAUTIFUL from what I've seen (think Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants or Mamma Mia!) and I could eat the food... I love me some Greek cuisine!
9. Have you ever fixed up a couple romantically? Tried... but horribly unsuccessful!
10. What is the last book you read? Nicholas Sparks' "The Last Song"... it was REALLY good!! (It is the first novel Nicholas has written AFTER writing the screenplay. The movie comes out in early April I think with Miley Cyrus, Greg Kinnear and Kelly Preston. Can't wait!)
11.
12. What is your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant? Chicken Parmesan or Cappellini Pomodora at Olive Garden... and don't forget the salad and breadsticks!
Okay... it's your turn now. Hope on over to Linda's and grab the questions and then get to sharing your Random Dozen!



11 comments:
I love Olive Garden...anything there is yummy. My daughter is doing a speech tomorrow about her heritage. I always wanted to be a figure skater too.
Enjoyed your answers. Thanks for sharing.
until next time... nel
fun answers...neat to hear about the new movie :)
Olive Garden, YUM!
Be sure to dip those Breadsticks in Alfredo Sauce. Hmmm!
My heart broke for Jamie & David when that happened. But I was so proud of them for the mature way they handled the craziness of it afterwards. I was always really sorry they didn't continue on for one more Olympics.
I've never been to the Western side of Canada but watching the Olympics definitely makes me want a trip to Vancouver. I have lots of Canadian friends and they are sorta spread across the country. I told my husband we could hop from east to west, friend to friend and see a whole lot. That would be fun!
Watching the skiing last night made me wish I was there-it was a gorgeous day for sure!
Oh I had forgotten about the whole skating incident 4 years ago, but I do remember that.
I love the olympics too. Unfortunately I feel like I've been gone every night so I've missed a bunch of the events! I always catch up on the Today show while i'm getting ready in the morning. I love when they feature the athletes and tell us their stories. We did get to watch the Lindsey Von and Shawn White get gold last night. That was soo awesome! How can people not love this stuff?
Hi sweetie, just trying to catch up so wanted to pop in and say hello.
xxxxx
Hi Sue! Enjoyed reading your meme. Congrats on your gold medal in figure slating! ;) I'm enjoying the Olympics very much. We've been to Vancouver and Victoria but those are the only places in Canada we've traveled to. Soon we want to go to Banff and other areas in the Canadian Rockies. Canadians generally know way more about the US than we do about Canada. Most couldn't name your provinces so you do well to know 50 states! How are you enjoying Survivor? I think I might be able to give you a run for your money in entertainment trivia! We'd both medal for sure! :D (((Hugz))
Let me know if you don't get my longer comment- was disatracted and don't know if I put in the jumbled word.
Post a Comment