Monday, September 21, 2009

Decisions and Disappointments

Life is full of decisions. Who do I marry? Where will we live? What kind of car will we drive? We've made some of those huge decisions already, but that last one is still looming over our heads. As we move to replace hubby's terminally ill car from our driveway, we believe we've narrowed down our choices. Do we go for a mid-size sedan with power sunroof and great mileage without a lot of pain to the budget? Or, do we move up to an SUV, lose the sunroof (sniff, sniff), and tighten the belt a little for the next 5 years? Decisions, decisions!

The two vehicles are tied in our minds both with pros and very few cons. We truly can't go wrong with either decision but tomorrow, I'm headed back to the dealer to test drive for sure the sedan and perhaps the SUV again. We should have a new car by the end of the week... I hope!

Speaking of the dealership, I made my way around the auto mall this morning in search of my lost cell phone. No sign of it in any of the vehicles we test drove Saturday and I have called and retraced all my steps from Thursday and Saturday (my only days out last week). Where is that silly thing? If only I'd had it on. Then at least someone, somewhere might have heard Lucy and Linus (the Snoopy theme) playing in the distance and helped me find it. Sigh. What can I do? Not much I suppose. I called the phone company today and put a block on my phone so at least if someone finds it that they can't call and text me into the poor house. If I hear nothing from all my legwork by the end of the week, I guess I'll go look for another one. Grrrr. I have to wonder... is this a case of peri-menopause brain?

While I'm thinking about brains... hee hee... I'm still working on last week's assignment that is now a week late. I've toiled for the past 4 days over my synopsis for question 1, writing my 2-3 page run-down of the book I recently read. I started to wonder if my mentor was really interested in reading my long-winded (3000+ word) rundown of the chick-lit book I so enjoyed, so I wrote him and asked him to clarify Question 1 for me. Would you believe he only needs a 750 word synopsis!! If only I asked first! Geesh! Think of all the time I would have saved. So, now I have to squeeze all that info down to 750 words before I can tackle part 2 of the question. Anyone want to do that for me? I'll be SO happy when this assignment is off in the outbox!

And now for a little t.v. talk... did anyone watch the Emmys last night? I was SOOOO thrilled when Kristen Chenoweth won "Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy" for Pushing Daisies. Someone at ABC should be fired for their poor decision making skills as this wonderful show was cancelled before it was allowed to take off. For the past 2 years it has one numerous Emmys BOTH YEARS after they'd made the decision to cancel the show. What a tragic loss, especially with so many crappy shows on out there. I'll get over it one day, I promise! Neil Patrick Harris did a pretty good job hosting and his opening number was very entertaining. Who knew he was that talented... and good looking.

DWTS premiered tonight. The judges' voting was all over the place and pretty inconsitent I thought. My votes are for Donny Osmond who I thought did a fabulous job! We'll have to PVR it tomorrow night as we have small group Bible Study.

Now how's that for an eclectic post?

8 comments:

Sarah Wylie said...

Dancing with the stars started tonight?! I had a night class so I couldn't have caught it anyway, but lately I really feel like I can't keep up with the important things in life...like TV schedules.

I hope you get a better sense for which car you want after you test drive tomorrow. I feel you guys' pain, because I *hate* making decisions.

Kat said...

Hi Sue, I'm sorry you lost your cell phone, that's terrible I worry about that all the time. It's hard to keep track of it.
Have fun making your car choice we have a SUV for our travel car and then I drive it for when I go somewhere and Steve takes the smaller much older car to work. I love my SUV, when we travel we are so comfy!
It's the best car I ever had, and the comfort you can't beat it. I don't mind paying extra for gas. I like how I feel so safe and high up in the air. I look down at all these tiny cars and snicker! lOl!
I didn't watch the emmy's. I am looking forward to some new shows on tV tomorrow. The Good Wife and then Wed is Eastwick on Wed. I hope those are both good! have a happy first day of fall. Big hugs

Mikki said...

I love posts like this that are just kind of random.
:-)

Hope you get all your different decisions made.. LOL

We watched DWTS last night too. I was suprised at how well some of them did. Can't wait to watch the ladies tonight.
Have a great one!

Abby said...

That would be sad to loose the sunroof!! Even though I rarely open mine, I like the sunshine coming through:) I hope you make a decision soon so you have a car...and that you feel at peace about your decision.

I didn't watch the Emmy's but I am upset about all of the shows that they have just pulled from the air (some without warning) and put some crappy new shows on! GRR!

DWTS was pretty good...I'm not going to pick any favorites just yet...but I did think the chef guy was great!

Denise said...

Speaking from experience (having two HUGE car payments) I'd say go for the smaller car and don't break the bank. Seriously, it will still get you from A to B and you won't have to sacrifice other things in order to make the payment. I hate that we pay well over $1000 per month just to drive us about...if I had my way.... well, there's no point in going there. Just think before you buy, is all I'm saying ;)
I missed that you lost your phone? Must go back and read more.
I'm gonna watch Biggest Loser in a minute, it's the only show I am really in to right now, nothing else takes my fancy... not even DWTS :-o
xxxx

Elizabeth said...

Hello Susie, sorry about your phone, it's a tough decision, I hope you are happy with your choice when it's done. Your ringtone is so cute & I was not surprised ; ) Have a terrific week, hugs

Darylynn said...

Hi Sue! Thanks for the well-wishes! Just returned from holding little Jake for 2 hours while he slept. He's mixed up and kept Jess awake last night.

I've been able to catch DWTS. I actually got all teary-eyed last night over Kelly Osbourne and how proud her parents were of her. Very sweet! I'd say I'm rooting for her or Natalie Coughlin over the other girls. Mya (think that's her name) seems like she has a lot of dance experience already. Macy Gray was just strange! Her speaking voice reminds me of Prisssy in GWTW! ;) (((Hugz)))

Susan said...

Hi Sue, You and Doug travel a lot by car so you need to decide if you want the room and comfort or the good gas mileage. We have never regretted getting our Highlander. I have never had a sunroof and since I have to watch the sun on my face, I do not need it. Well you will get a new car and that will be cool! Hugs