Saturday, September 12, 2009

Been Quite a Week

I'm so glad it's Sat night and the end of this first full week back at home. As you know from my last post that Thursday wasn't my best day as Miss Crankypants came and made her presence known. Well, yesterday didn't start out so hot either. While attempting to wake up, I turned over with the extra pillow I use for my hips/legs and while trying to put it on the floor beside the bed, I missed and swiped my water glass off the nightstand. Said water glass tumbled down, crashing into tiny pieces, but not before dumping the remnants of H2O onto the power cord beside the bed. Thankfully I was thirsty during the night and there wasn't too much water left in my glass and the power cord didn't seem worse for wear after the incident. Talk about waking yourself up in a hurry!

To be honest, I was afraid to continue on with my day but continue I did and it got better! The furnace guy was coming to do a maintenance check on our old furnace so I was stuck at home for the day. I ended up doing some knitting and ironing while watching movies... again. Today's double feature was "Finding Neverland" with the delicious Johnny Depp and winsome Kate Winslet followed by "The Phantom of the Opera" with the good-looking Gerard Butler and effervescent Emmy Rossum. I tell ya, watching a good flick makes ironing so much easier!

I've felt like I'm run-down and fighting something the last couple days or it's allergies - can't figure out which yet. Hubby made us some chicken noodle soup for dinner last night and about an hour later we made nachos too, while watching "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" with Kevin Cosner and Alan Rickman. Does Alan steal the show or what as the Sherrif of Nottingham? Hubby had never seen the movie before (which shocked me) but he quite enjoyed it. I can still remember where I was and with whom I saw this movie the first time back in the early 90's. It's a classic to me and one of my favorites.

This morning, hubby and I were out car shopping yet again and none too soon. Later in the afternoon, half-way to my nephew's house for a family party, the "overdrive on" button was flashing in our Mazda Protege. We got off the highway to head toward another road that would lead us back home as I scoured the manual for enlightenment on what the flashing of this button could mean. It had something to do with the "transaxle" something-or-other and said to not drive the car any distance and get it immediately to the Mazda dealer. Oopsie... we were about 30 minutes or more from home. The poor little car chugged it's way home, laboring as it tried to shift gears in the automatic transmission while we prayed, asking God to get us home so we could get the other car and take this sick one in.

We both had thoughts earlier in the day that we should be taking the Honda to my nephew's but neither of us voiced our thoughts, nor did either of us act on those thoughts. Duh! Oh well.. made for a great story and thankfully God heard our prayers!

So, the Mazda was left at the dealers and we gassed up the Honda and head west towards J & D's new home for the family party/housewarming. It was fun to see so many of the family (although others were greatly missed) and my sister & niece(s) outdid themselves again with the food! YUM!

K & P were there (with the triplets tagging along inside "Mommy's" belly). Bless K's heart... she is such a trooper as her belly looks 9-months although she is only 5 months into her pregnancy. She's only working a few days a week now and getting more and more bored as the days at home go by since she can't do much because of her heart and the high-risk pregnancy. P blogged the other day with new "19 week" ultrasound pics so be sure to pop in and see the triplet's latest photo shoot! K goes back again Friday for another ultrasound and appointment with the specialist. Her heart specialist appointment is Sept 30 so please continue to keep her in prayer for that as well. Their blog again if you need the link is Quickly Outnumbered. They appreciate your prayers very much!

What was a difficult week at times, ended up not to shabby as I spent a great evening with family. God is good and all is well!

10 comments:

Sarah Wylie said...

Movie lovers, unite! Good flicks are always total pick-me-ups for me.
I'm glad your day got better (and I don't doubt Johnny Depp had a little something to do with that;).
I'm still praying for K.
Have a lovely weekend! And I hope you feel even better soon :)

Denise said...

I'm feeling rather blah too :( I think cos my allergies are kicking back in again too, got sinus headache and I feel like I can hardly smell/taste anything. All this lovely rain that I wanted isn't helping. The mold is probably pretty high right now.
I'll be just hanging around the house today as usual, thinking of baking some cookies. I keep meaning to ask you for your 'crack brownies' recipe. What's so 'crack' about them? Tons of chocolate? I wanna try them :)

Abby said...

That stinks about your car, but I'm glad you were able to get it safely to the dealership.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Deborah Ann said...

Watching movies while you iron? Now why didn't I think of that? I always feel guilty if I watch TV during the day, but hey, if I watch it while I'm doing my chores, who's gonna complain?

Blessings!

Lindsy said...

Well....if ever there is a time for a new car purchase I suppose it would be now because prices are supposedly pretty good right now right? That's the silver lining....the lemonade if you will. Ha! Glad Miss Crankypants left the building and glad your power cord survived the waterfall.

Genny said...

I'm glad your week turned out well! I've been having really bad allergies; I always get them this time of year. Hope you are feeling better!

Kat said...

Good Monday morning Sue, wow what a way to wake up and start your day. Broken glass! electrical cord with water on it. poor baby. I will have to pop in to visit P. I hope you get your car fixed and glad you had a good time at the housewarming party. OH by the way I meant to say I don't take the dogs to the Groomers, I had put Vet in my post, well of course they go to the Vet, that was a bad mistake. I don't want people to think they don't go to the Vets. LOL! well I think everyone would have known since I do take them to the vets and write about it. big hugs and you try to have a good day without incident. big hugs

Unknown said...

Wow, you must have quite the load of ironing to do, if you have enough to get you through two movies!

Julie said...

I have so done that knock the water over with the pillow thing! Yes, it sure does wake you up with a start. Glad you got it all taken care of with no damage done.

I have been keeping "K" and bubs in my prayers. Sounds like things are progressing nicely, and I'm praying she gets a good report on September 30th too.

Hope your week goes well sweetie. Luv ya, xx

Darylynn said...

Hi Sue! I like all the movies you watched, too. I really enjoyed Phantom with GB. I saw it in LA when Michael Crawford was the Phantom and he was amazing!

Thanks for the anniversary wishes! No real advice other than marry the right guy! Jeff is just about perfect in every way so that's what I attribute our 35 years to.

Are you getting excited about Survivor? Did you see the promo about the poser guy who claims to be from New Orleans. Another Jonny Fairplay in the making? (((Hugz)))