But... with that little prompt from my niece, here I am today to blog!
I titled this entry "New Season, New Focus" in the hopes that with this change in season taking place this weekend, heading from Summer into Fall, that I might somehow gain some new focus. Balancing work with my church life and home life has been a little more tricky than I'd anticipated and to be honest, I think menopause (or rather mental pause) has caused me to be a little ADD!
I love my job and it has kept me busy off and on all summer. I also did some travelling with my Hubby to San Juan, PR and San Francisco. The first trip I spent my days solitary on a gorgeous beach overlooking the Atlantic Ocean while Hubby worked...
| This is what my days looked like |
| Sometimes my only company was that coconut |
| Down at this end of the beach was the Ritz-Carleton resort |
On the second trip this summer (August), while Hubby worked my brother, sister-in-law and I played "Tourist" in my favorite city, San Francisco.
One of our highlights on our trip, once Hubby finished working, was spending a day and overnight in Monterey.
| Enjoying a glass of wine at the Pebble Beach Clubhouse, overlooking the 18th hole and Pacific Ocean |
| Caramel-by-the-Sea beach (overlooking Pebble Beach golf course) |
One of the things I LOVE about Carmel-by-the-Sea is the architecture. Some of the homes and shops in this quaint town look like fairytale homes. You could just imagine the Seven Dwarfs popping out at any minute on their way to work... whistling of course!
We had dinner at the Hog's Breath Inn ... a restaurant owned by actor Clint Eastwood. The food was delicious and the restaurant ambiance very charming, just like the town!
| Delicious meal at Hog's Breath Inn |
We ended our Labour Day weekend in another of our favorite areas - Napa and Sonoma valleys.
Castle Tour and Wine Tasting at Castello di Amorosa
Wine & Food Tasting at Kendall-Jackson in Santa Rosa
Wine Tour and Tasting at Beringer
Wine Tasting at Silverado
Wandering the grounds at Inglebrook
(owned by director Francis Ford Coppola)
It was another successful business trip for Hubby and a fun time for my brother, sister-in-law, myself and Hubby when his business finished!
I'm off soon on my very own business trip, but more on that in the future! For now... have a great day until next time...






2 comments:
Both places look wonderful! So nice that you can tag along on business trips once in a while:)
Hi Sue!
Wow, sounds like some fun times!!!
Great photos.
much love
xoxo
Post a Comment