Monday, July 22, 2013

What a Weekend... and Full Moon to Boot!

Can you tell it's a full moon out this week?  I sure can!!  Poor Hubby took 19 hours (and 3 flights) to get from Toronto to Austin, TX yesterday.  Of course it came on the heels of a VERY busy Saturday wedding.  More on that in a minute.

For me I could tell it was a full moon today as my business seemed to take an ugly turn for a few hours.  I ended up making a rash decision that could cost me most of one commission cheque.  My own fault for being hasty to resolve something before I thought it all through, but nonetheless it is done and I will have to deal with the fallout (if there is any) when my clients return from Europe in early August.

Now onto what I know some of you are waiting for... an update from Saturday's wedding!  I took well over 500 pictures that day so needless to say I will NOT be uploading them all, but I will pick a few of my favorites to share!

Sat morning started early for me.  I was up around 7:30 and in the shower by 8am.  By 10am we were in the car and I drove Hubby (the Best Man) up to the Groom's home where he would have time to pray with "A" and get ready for the big day.  I had been asked by the Bride, "C", to help her put together a little goodie bag for her groom so I delivered that and took a pic (of course)


Leaving the boys behind, I then head down to "C"'s Dad's place to meet up with the bride and her attendants.  We had a quick bite to eat and then it was time for them to get their beautiful dresses on


The bride was laced into her dress (it was STUNNING) and then it was time for pictures with the photographer (and me... his little shadow for the day)...


After a few shots were taken outside, it was time to carefully package the bride into the car for the trip to the church.  This is one of my favourite pictures from the day!


We got to the church about 20 minutes before 1 when the wedding was to start.  The bridal party went to a room just inside the door of the church where we waited for the sign to start.  Once in the room and settled, some of us were informed that the florist hadn't delivered the flowers for the church.  Apparently, they went to our sister church in the next town and weren't swift enough to actually follow the address they were given to get the flower displays to the correct church.  Oy!  We ever so carefully decided to keep this little "glitch" from the nervous bride and when she asked about how the flowers looked, we diverted the conversation to another topic.  While someone ran out to the local grocery store for bouquets of red roses, we entertained the bride by regaled silly stories of weddings.  Finally... almost 40 minutes later... we were ready to head to the back of the church to get in position.

As I mentioned in my last post, I was beyond honoured to be "C"'s stand-in "Mother of the Bride" for her.  It meant so much to me to be there by her side and witness her dream come true up close with a front row seat... literally!  But first I had to do my duty... walk down the aisle (or in my case catapult... we were late after all & folks had been waiting a long time!) and light the unity candle for the bride's family.

I borrowed this pic
from one of the bridesmaid's FB page ;-)
It was kind of cool to sit in this role as I was the one to stand and get the crowd to stand for the bride's big entrance after my official duty was completed... although it was funny...  When the bridesmaid's started down the aisle this old man behind me who I'm assuming was "C"'s grandpa or uncle, kept saying loudly, "Shouldn't we stand?".  I quietly said to him, "We're going to stand when "C"'s going to come down the aisle!".  Phew... he didn't trump me and get on his feet before my next big role!

Once the ladies were in place I stood and moments later the doors opened.  I don't know about you, but I always like to keep my eye on the groom at that moment.  I love to capture the look on his face when he first sees his bride... and for "A", that moment was precious to witness as he is such a softie!


And then the moment arrived... the beautiful bride made her way down to the altar, ready to wed the man of her dreams!


The ceremony was lovely and it was nice being right in the middle of the action from the front row.  After the pastor's charge, the vows, exchanging of rings (and personally written vows), prayer of blessing (by that handsome Best Man), it was time to kiss the Bride


And light the unity candle.  The red rose on the table was placed there in remembrance of "C"'s Mom who passed away 6-1/2 years ago.  Originally it was meant to be placed on the piano, but I rather like that they had it on the unity candle table instead... I feel it made it more significant with it being there!


They soon made it official (we think... my sweet Hubby made a faux pas and signed the wedding certificate in the wrong place - oopsie!)


Once the marriage license was signed the only thing left to do was for our pastor to introduce the new Mr & Mrs


After some family pics were taken, the bridal party (and little tag along moi) head up to the golf course where the reception and bridal party pictures would be taken.  Again I shadowed the photographer and got some pretty cool pics (if I do say so myself) from our new Sony Nex 5R camera.  (Did you like that little commercial slide in there - ha ha).




Who is this handsome... bridesmaid??


Thought one of our golf cart drivers needed a little photographic love too!

The Bridal Party were jumping for joy!
 Left with only a couple more pictures of just the bride and groom, the bridal party (and I) head back up to the clubhouse to get ready for the reception.

The reception was lovely, the meal delicious, the speeches heart-warming and the party afterwards a blast!  Here are a few pics from the rest of the evening...

First off... a few of the head table and wedding cake...




These were the centrepieces... and I got to bring one home!!  (One of my hydrangeas didn't quite make it though)


The wedding party made their entrance...

Not sure how I feel about my Hubby with a younger woman ;-)

Mr. & Mrs "C"

I just love the look of sheer joy on their faces!

The Bride and Groom had their first dance before the dinner was served...



It was SO romantic... until the music made a sudden change.  Was the DJ just doing a terrible job?  



Nope... the Bride and Groom had a surprise for us up their sleeve...  they did an amazing Gangnam Style dance for us! 



Next the newlyweds cut the cake before sitting down to enjoy their meal.



After the amazing pumpkin soup was served, my sweet Hubby got up to make his Best Man speech and toast


And then it was the Maid of Honor's (and bride's younger sister) turn.  Her speech included a surprise video of well wishes from friends and family from all across the globe who weren't able to join the happy couple on their big day.


Hubby and I snuck away for a quick photo op in between courses


After dinner the parents of the groom...


And Father of the Bride got up to give their speeches.  The Groom's Dad's was amazingly short... like I think one line almost (and super funny)... while "C"'s Dad's speech was very touching, especially as he mentioned C's Mom and how proud she would have been of her beautiful daughter today.


Some of "A"'s family members endowed him with this Emporer's new hat...


And "C" with some of the Empresses' new clothes... (or empty hangers representing the new lingerie they picked up for her honeymoon - ha ha)


After dessert the newly married couple got up to say their list of thank-you's which of course brought a tear to my eye numerous times  and then it was time to PART-Y!


Hubby and I got to dance together for the bridal party first dance


And then it was time for the Father/Daughter dance...


And Mother/Son dance...



After the official dances were done, we all joined on the dance floor and had a blast.  The groom's entire family got on the floor and did the Gangnam dance together and at the end of the night the bridal party (and few remaining guests) danced the Macarena to end the night.

It was a FABULOUS wedding.  One of the very best I've ever attended!  I am so happy for our friends and wish them a world of Happily Ever After!!






4 comments:

Susan said...

A wonderful wedding indeed!

Tammy said...

I loved your synopsis of the wedding--I actually feel like I was there! I'm so glad that you were able to participate in such a joyous event. "A" and "C" definitely look blissful and like they are truly in love with each other. I, too, wish them a very happily ever after. :-)

Love you. Hope to catch up soon! xo

Jules said...

Hi Sue!
That wedding looked like tons of fun and I love the video of them dancing too funny. Glad that you were able to stand him for her mom (always so sad when a parent is gone) but I am sure you did a fine job. I love all of the photos too. :)

Have a great weekend!

~Pam~ said...

Hi Sue!
What a beautiful wedding.I loved all the photos. :)

MISS you!
xoxo