Last weekend I was baking up a storm once again in preparation of my new little great-niece, Maddison's baby shower. My sister, Maddy's "Grammie"and I were talking one day and she commented on how bored she was of traditional shower food. I suggested, "why don't you make everything baby-themed" and then I offered to make baby cookies.
Okay. So I'm not the most gifted handy woman out there, but the black looks better than the white mirror did so I think I'm pleased enough with it!
After the baby shower last Sunday I was in full banquet prep gear until I was awoken Tuesday night with excruciating, throbbing pain in my left lower jaw. Ahh... the familiar, mind-numbing feeling of a tooth in desperate need of a root canal. Blech! And here I was getting ready to call the dentist to work on the needed crowns. In some ways it was a huge blessing this happened first though so I could get it done before the crown was put on.
My dentist, who is wonderful btw, sent me to an endodontist who would do the root canal on Wednesday morning. They took x-rays but couldn't fit me in until today (Friday). He gave me a prescription of antibiotics for the infection under my tooth and pain meds to help me cope until I could get in for the RC. He also mentioned that if my tooth (which I hate to say is FULL of filling) ended up being cracked, I wouldn't be able to have a root canal but my dentist would have to extract the tooth and either put a bridge in or transplant (both options CHA-CHING!).
Honestly... all I could think of was being toothless. I was freaking... and regretting not taking better care of my teeth all these years. Why, oh why haven't I flossed religiously every day????!!!!
This morning I got to the office and was nervous (as I usually am at the dentist but even more so today wondering if I would become a toothless old lady). The dentist and his assistant quickly worked while I listened to worship songs and prayed. At one point they both left the room and my mind started to race. Oh no... it's bad. They can't do a root canal. I'm going to lose my tooth and I'm not even 50 yet!. They came back into the room and did a little more work and then the dentist told me he was done. What?? Really??!!! He told me there was no crack and the root canal was done. I almost cried in relief. Thank you Jesus!! I don't deserve your grace for my lack of looking after my teeth but THANK YOU!!
As I drove home with my face frozen (and a temporary lisp) I was in awe of God's goodness in even the small stuff of life! We have such a good Daddy! He cares even about simple things in life - like dental care!




No comments:
Post a Comment