Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Spoiled Rotten and Tuesday's Top 10

It seems I'm not the only wife missing her Hubby on Valentine's Day, as I just read on people.com that Princess Kate is alone this day as well.  What lovely company, don't you think?  Anyhoo... like her Prince, my Prince Charming left me some goodies before he flew out of the nest on the weekend.

On Friday afternoon, my sweet Hubby arrived home with a beautiful bouquet of long stem red roses... AND... a bouquet of my favorite mixed flowers (which included my favorite of all... purple stock with it's sweet cinnamon-ny fragrance).  Before a romantic candle-lit dinner I had planned for my Sweetie, we snuck off to the late afternoon matinee of the new movie, The Vow.  After the movie, we enjoyed a cozy dinner with an appetizer of camembert cheese and Murphy-Goode (by Kendall-Jackson) Cabernet Sauvignon, followed by a delicious main course of chateaubriand, roasted potatoes and mixed bean medley.  To end off our festive feast we enjoyed fresh raspberries and real whipping cream.  Mmm!  Hubby opened his gift from me... a snorkel set for our upcoming trip to the tropics!  (I grabbed a set for me as well).

Before heading to the airport in the morning, Hubby left for me, a bag with various wrapped gifts, one for each day of his absence up to Valentine's Day, with instructions of which to open on what day.  Here's my "stash":


On day 1 (Sat), I opened the blueray of one of my favorite movies, Serendipity.  Day 2's surprise was the book The Vow:  The True Events That Inspired the Movie which I'll take to read on the beach.  Day 3 I opened the latest book in the Hello, Cupcake series, Cupcakes, Cookies & Pie, Oh My!.  Hubby picked this up on his last business trip at the bookstore at Harvard University.  (Does this make me smarter in making these, I wonder?).  This morning I opened the last of the gifts, a pretty pink "Chaps" nightie he picked up at Kohl's on his last trip.  I feel abundantly spoiled and loved!

As I reflect on this lavish gifting by my precious Hubby, I can't help but think of how this is how God loves us... lavishly... freely... willingly.  As I ponder that, the thought hits me, "how do I love back?  Am I lavish in my love for God... for others?".  I realize that I have miles to go before my love is anywhere near that of my God, yet I am challenged daily to make every day "Valentine's" in how I approach my interactions with my Hubby and with other people I encounter.  I know in the weeks to come, God will challenge this more and more as I work through the Beth Moore study of James:  Mercy Triumphs.

So... today, for the Tuesday's Top 10, I was originally thinking of one "Valentine's" day theme, but instead let me ask this:


Top 10 Ways To Show Love Today

Here are my answers:
(In light of being alone most of the day, my answers reflect my activities for the day)

  1. Spend time with God (so my heart is right)
  2. Be a courteous driver
  3. Smile at a stranger
  4. Write love emails to my Sweetie
  5. Tell family and friends how I feel about them
  6. Bring flowers to my sister (who I'll be hanging out with tonight)
  7. Bring in my neighbor's recyle box from the end of the driveway
  8. Call my Dad & Step-Mom to check in on them
  9. Clean the house for Hubby's return
  10. Praise God throughout my day

How about you?  What are your Top 10 for today?


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.



3 comments:

Susan said...

Wow Sue, your hubby spoils you for sure. We went to Harvard and we were suppose to go to the book store, but we didn't make it. So where on the beach will you be???

Tammy said...

Sorry I missed the TT10 this week. Maybe next week will be better :-p

Julie said...

I think Doug gets the "how to spoil your wife in the way she will love" award....go Dougie! What girl wouldn't love all that! I have no complaints, my hubs did really spoil me too and he's always so kind and thoughtful all the other days of the year too. ;)

I will have to make sure that I blog more often, especially since I enjoy visiting friends blogs so much and love when they update. Thanks for that gentle kick in the pants reminding me to do that. Enjoy your weekend Sooze. xx