In this segment, George Stephanopoulos interviews this adorable young woman who'd won the dream of her life when she became a Victoria's secret model. With her "star" rising on the modelling scene, shortly after marriage she decided that this job was not for her after all, especially with her Christian beliefs. If you've got a minute, take a peek at her interview with George.
Here is a section of the article on the ABC News website:
On Dec. 1, one day after the nationally televised Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, in which Bisutti didn’t appear, aired, the model posted to her Twitter page, “For all of you that were looking for me in the Victorias Secret runway show this year, I wasn’t in it. I have decided not to model lingerie Because I personally feel that I am not honoring God or my husband by doing it. My marriage is very important & with divorce rates rising I want to do everything I can to protect my marriage and be respectful to my husband. God graciously gave me this marriage and this life and my desire is to live a Godly faithful life, I don’t however judge others for what they do. Everyone is convicted on different levels.”Oh how refreshing to see a young woman choosing modesty and honoring God above gobs of money and prestige... and she's only in her early 20's. Now some might criticize her for accepting the job with VS in the first place, but I won't do that. We all have made decisions in our life that have veered off God's ideal plan, yet He's able to use them for His glory and good. I for one wish this beautiful (both inside and out) young woman and her Hubby, a world of God's blessings. I am fairly sure that she will use this experience for Him in teaching young girls how to honor God with their bodies!


1 comment:
Hi Sue, I saw the interview and was really impressed. Glad to know that there are those that love God more than fame. Have a nice week. Hugs
Post a Comment