Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cleaning Convert and Joy Dare Day 11

I am freshly home from this week's Abide with a renewed spirit, in light of what's going on around me in the lives of others.  God freshly reminds me that He is the shelter in the storm and in Him we can find rest.

Today, although my heart is still heavy for my friend, I am able to rest in God's peace as I pray for them and focus on other tasks, like cleaning my kitchen and can I tell you... I have become a Norwex convert!

Have you heard of Norwex?  A friend at church sells these amazing environmentally friendly household cleaning products.  If truth be told, I was a bit of a skeptic... that is until I went to my first Norwex party a week or so ago.  Sure, I was still a skeptic going in, but by the time I left I was willing to give these products a fair shake.  Can I tell you something though?  I'm sold!

I started with these:

Enviro Cloth, Window Cloth and Dusting Mitt
... and started right away trying them out when I got them unwrapped.  Using nothing but water and the Enviro and Window cloths, my mirror covered in finger prints was spiffy clean.  Then I tried a touch of this:

Norwex Cleaning Paste
... on my stainless steel kettle and WOWZERS... shined that sucker right up!  This afternoon when I got home from Abide I went to work on the kitchen sink using a touch of paste with my Enviro cloth and man, oh man... does that sink SHINE!  I kept going on the counters, etc.. and my kitchen looks like I slaved over it, when it took all of about 15 minutes.  PLUS... didn't use any products except water & the paste!  A M A Z I N G!  Needless to say though, the products aren't cheap but if you're not purchasing a ton of extra products then over time they are a huge cost savings.  My girlfriend is lending me her broom to try out before I invest in one of those and oh mercy me, I have a whack of other products on my Norwex wish list now!  YIKES!!

Before I drive you nuts with my latest obsession... here is today's Joy Dare.  Day 11's challenge was to note 3 yellow things that strike me as fresh mercy.  My 3 things are:

Sunshine
I LOVE the sunshine, especially during the winter months when it is like a fresh smile from God shining down, warming the cockles of my heart.  The other day I was especially mindful of the sunshine as the temperature was cold, yet I could feel the hope of Spring in the warmth of the sun on my face.  Sigh!  Definite mercy!

Daffodils

These friendly daffodils remind me of my Mom's beautiful spring garden, bordering the driveway.  A warm sunny welcome as we came home from school!  They also represent to me the promises of God as they spring forth each year in gardens around my neighborhood.  No matter the "winter" we go through in our lives,  it is just a season and "spring" will shoot up and bring forth new life before we know it!

Yellow Balloon

I really couldn't think of anything for this third yellow mercy so by default I thought of a yellow balloon, representing the gift of freedom Christ has brought to my life.  As the balloon lilts through the sky, carried by the winds, I feel God carrying me through life's currents.

One last little note today too... being Groundhog Day & all... I just want to wish my very first niece a VERY Happy 39th Birthday!  How did she get to be 39?  I was just told last Saturday that I looked 39!!  We must have been "twins", don't you think??

Well... that was a nice diversion for the day!  Off to see what else I can clean with my new Norwex products!!

No comments: