Monday, January 16, 2012

Procrastination Is My Name...Plus Joy Dare Day 5

Today I am in the midst of writing up my chapter review for this week's Abide but I'm having a terrible time with procrastination.  No, it doesn't help that I'm chatting with my friend, Tammy on Yahoo... or that I just joined Pinterest and am playing around on there.  Oh no... doesn't help that my dear Dad called for computer help from Florida.  Nope...  none of that is getting my work done, so... while I'm procrastinating, there is no time like the present to catch up on Day 5 of the Joy Dare:

Day 5's challenge is to snap a photo of these 3 gifts:  something I'm reading, I'm making, I'm seeing.  Here are today's pics:


Today I was reading this gift:

Photo Book from our Latest Trip
I am so grateful for this book and what it represents - the gift of vacation and the gift of family!  Our photo book that I made on Shutterfly just arrived today.  It was exciting to sit with Hubby this aft and relive our trip from November.

The gift I'm making today is this:

Baby Blue Baby Blanket
We're still in the beginning stages of knitting this, but this gift for someone else reminds me of the gift my Mom gave me 29 years ago - the gift of knitting!

And for something I was seeing today...

The view from my back window
I am always grateful for the gift of seeing, and this is what I viewed outside my living room window this morning - a light blanket of snow - our first real blanket - from last Friday's storm.  I normally wouldn't consider snow a "gift", but when I reflect on the good that snow brings (and it's beauty) I am reminded that it is indeed a gift from God as it waters the earth in preparation for Spring.

So... what brings you joy today that you're reading, making or seeing?  

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I agree that the snow is lovely, but it sure gets messy fast. I much prefer rain. Love your pictures. It's a neat idea to 'show' what you are thankful for. Loved our chat today. xoxo