Monday, January 16, 2012

Jan 16 ~ Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY... 

Outside my window... there is a light blanket of snow in my backyard, with footprints from the (annoying) fat squirrels that are hopefully gone to hibernate for awhile!  (Darn things dug up all my Spring bulbs in November - Grrr)

I am thinking... that I might become a tad obsessed with Pinterest now that I joined 

I am thankful for... Ann Voskamp, bringing the Joy Dare to my life, causing me to focus on thankfulness each day!

I am wearing... sweatpants, 3/4 length sleeve white t-shirt, slippers

I am remembering... what a great evening we had Sat night with my BFF and her family!

I am going... to write the next chapter recap for Abide once I finish blogging

I am reading... Julie Andrews' biography with my Hubby, amongst other things.  On the one hour drive to and from my BFF's Sat night, I continued reading to Hubby while he drove.

I am hearing... nothing but the taping of my laptop keys and the hum of the house appliances

I am hoping... to concentrate on the task at hand - prepping for Abide.

I need... to get back into a regular workout schedule - I feel SO much better when I get moving!

On my mind... my Sweet StepMom, "G" who has her birthday today!  So glad she and Dad are reunited from their time apart while he was stuck here in Canada and she in the States over the Fall.

From the learning rooms... God is in nature and through nature He teaches us about Himself and how to trust and worship Him.

Noticing that... it's already Monday afternoon - Yikes!  Where did THAT morning go?

Pondering these words... "A body in motion, stays in motion.  A body at rest, stays at rest"

From the kitchen... I can smell the sweet scent of my candle burning on the electric burning plate (no flames for me!)

I am creating... another couple of baby blankets although I haven't touched them in weeks

Around the house... on the coffee table is our brand new photo book I created for Hubby from our last cruise.

One of my favorite things... seeing the look of joy on my Goddaughter's face Sat night when she opened her gift - her own Cabbage Patch doll

A few plans for the rest of the week... Abide... cleaning the house, laundry, bank for Hubby

From my picture journal... 

My beautiful Step-Mom
Happy Birthday "G"!  

You can participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook Meme by linking to the site below:



Have a simply beautiful day!



No comments: