Sunday, October 2, 2011

So Long Summer

Today is a brisk reminder that we have bid a fond adieu to summer.  The skies are grey with a bitter chill and the rain has brought a damp cold that settles into the bones.  The mercury (or more aptly my iPhone weather app) says the temperature is 43F degrees.  And to that I say... "I need a hot flash about now!".

I have been complaining for months about how hot I am, how clammy I feel with the barage of menopausal hot flashes I've had to endure but today, oh how I'd love one about now.  I am bundled up in my corduroy jeans, long sleeve shirt and cardigan and STILL I am cold.  As we head this afternoon to see Courageous at the theater, I am seriously considering pulling out my winter jacket.  The idea of mittens is entering my brain too but I refuse to give into that thought as it would feel a betrayal to Autumn if I head straight away into the winter wear.

All I can think of is 40 days!  In 40 days I'll be boarding a ship in SC heading to sunshine and warmth.  Oh how I am longing for that today.

As I get ready for the movie today, let me leave you with the Casting Crowns video of "Courageous", from the movie's soundtrack.  I'll be back later to give my review of the movie:




No comments: