Thursday, September 29, 2011

Honoring Hubby's Hard Work!

It was a night of celebration.  Hubby and I, and over 100 of his co-workers, joined together here...

Toronto Old Mill
for the annual Service Award Banquet.  This was our first time at this event as Hubby celebrated 25 years with his company and made it into "the club".  

We arrived midway through the cocktail hour, meeting and greeting Hubby's co-workers prior to dinner.  Before we got comfy at our table, we head out on the patio, where one of Hubby's co-workers was wielding a fancy camera and offered to take our picture not only with his camera but ours too.

Celebrating Hubby Tonight

We then head indoors for more photo fun in the CSA photobooth...

Photo Booth Fun!
Can you tell Hubby & I aren't your regular "photo booth" participants?  There was a table full of silly hats, glasses and boas to spice up the photo booth fun, but we opted to just go in and be ourselves... particularly in the 3rd picture!

Dinner was delicious.  We enjoyed a really yummy carrot, celery & apple soup, a lettuce/spring mix salad with a sweet buttermilk dressing, prime rib with roasted potatoes, green & yellow beans and roasted carrots, followed by the most delicious English trifle ever...

I can't believe I ate the whole thing!
Stuffed, we turned our chairs around to face the podium when the ceremony started.  One by one, Hubby's co-workers were called up to receive their certificate, service pin and cheque(!)  Finally Hubby's name was called and he head to the front of the room to shake the President's hand (of the company... not the USA) 25 years of faithful service was rewarded and I couldn't have been prouder!

Hubby receiving his award
He deserves the recognition because he is such a hard worker who gives so much of himself to his company and his clients.  I think he enjoyed himself tonight and I was thrilled to be there to document this night for him!

My Proud Hubby on a job well done!
It was a nice evening and I'm so glad that Hubby was home to enjoy his big night!  25 years... I can't imagine working in one place that long.  Heck... I don't think I've ever been ANYWHERE that long in my entire life!  Congratulations Sweetheart!  I love you and am SO proud of you!!

No comments: