Friday, July 29, 2011

Still Alive...

Hey Blog Readers... if there are any left out there because of my delinquent blog habits.  Just wanted to pop in and say I'm still alive... and will be updating soon.  We got home early Monday morning from a week away in beautiful Northern California (San Francisco & Sonoma/Napa wine country).  I'll have LOTS of pics to share (especially for those not on Facebook) and hopefully some interesting stories as well.

Since getting home I have been busy finishing the stripping of my bedroom wallpaper border.  Took me two days (and I still have the ensuite to strip off) but I finally got it done with little pain to my neck (thanks to the ladder instead of a kitchen chair!).  Today I'm washing down the walls, covering the furniture that is now piled into the center of the room (can you say CLUTTERED) and taping the edge of the ceiling in preparation for Hubby to paint the ceiling for me tonight when he gets home from work.  I may even try & be adventurous and give it a whirl myself.  How hard can it really be?

I realize now I should have taken a good "before" picture, but I think I probably have one somewhere but I will for sure share an "after" picture when I'm all done.  It's going to be bold and exciting I think hope.  Always a good reason to do a good clean-out of junk too so I think that is what most of my August will consist of... dealing with the cluttered aftermath of home renovations/decorating.  Trip to the dump I'm sure will be high on the agenda!

So... for now... that's all I've got but I'll be back soon to share with you what else has kept me from you and my blog!  Back to work!!

4 comments:

Abby said...

I've missed your posts! But I'm glad I still get to "hear" from you on facebook:) Happy decorating!

Judy said...

Hi Sue! I can't wait to see 'after' pics! Painting the ceiling is a pain in the neck! And I mean that literally! So hope you left it for hubby to do. :)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! Hugs!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday Sue, I hope your birthday is very special! I hope all is well too as you're quiet too :o) Hugs

~Pam~ said...

Hi Sue,
Where are you??
Love you!