So... for our ladies group banquet in mid-May, to compliment my coral top and white pants ensemble, I found the perfect orange colored nail polish and applied it on my then "perfect" toes. Weeks ago, I started feeling a slight throbbing in my middle toe of my left foot (wasn't that a movie? My Left Foot? I digress). Seeing a small "bruise-like" mark on that toe, I decided to remove my polish and take a peek at what was going on down there. To my horror and shock I found that my toenail was starting to look weird with parts of the nail seeming to lift off my toe. Hmmm... I began to apply an anti-fungal cream, figuring that it was the most likely culprit. Within days the "bruise" looking mark had disappeared and the nail was looking somewhat better but still rather funky.
Today, I finally decided that it was time to go have a doctor look at it to confirm what was going on. Being the google-aholic that I am, I was starting to freak myself out looking at the ghastly photos of other people's disgusting toe fungases and that's what spurred the rush to the walk-in clinic.
As expected, the doctor confirmed my suspicions and I do indeed have a toe fungus. Great! Fortunately, she told me I came in at the right time and it can be treated and should return to it's former beauty within ... months. Oh well... guess I'll have to withstand ugly toes this summer.
Now... to complete this tale of
Fortunately my fungas doesn't look as gross as some out there! Phew!
Okay... enough of THAT... on to today's pic... .which I of course am again cheating on because, well, I had no time today with the toe emergency and all, to take today's photo.
Day 24 ~ LOVE
This picture was taken on the second "formal" night of our cruise in January. My Hubby is the LOVE of my life and I still pinch myself that he picked me to be his life partner and wife. He is everything I ever dreamed of and so much more. He constantly teaches me about God's love and grace and I feel abundantly blessed to be called his wife! I LOVE that after almost 17 years of marriage, we are more in LOVE today than we were back then! (as she sighs a big dreamy sigh).
Gotta run... the treadmill is calling my name (as is my Hubby!).





1 comment:
You never fail to make me giggle. I will say I despise, no, I HATE feet. I have no idea why, I just do. I don't even like messing with my own except long enough to wash them and paint my piggies. I didn't get squeamish by this post by any means (I'm not easily grossed out with five kids and all...), but I will admit I scrolled past your toes picture pretty quickly. Is it bad that I don't even like to look at feet??
And of course I love your photo for the day! You two are absolutely adorable, and such an example of a loving, Godly couple.
XOXO
Post a Comment