While en route to Texas, I couldn't help but think about the 30 Day Photo Fun challenge I've been doing so here's yesterday and today's pics for your viewing pleasure:
Day 26 ~ Citrus
Now, you're wondering how on earth I could take a picture of citrus while spending the day travelling? Well... feast your eyes on these melons, I mean oranges:
While heading to our connecting flight in Chicago O'Hare, we passed this healthy fruit stand where as luck would have it, they had CITRUS!! How fortunate was that, huh?! I just had to take a quick pic with my iPhone for you!
This morning, as Hubby does whenever he's here in town, we went to a little country church in the "hill country". Although small in numbers, it was large in God's Truth and I was reminded again of the importance of pursuing holiness in my Christian walk. God doesn't want us to just label ourselves "Christian", He wants us to be holy, like He is holy. The spirit of conviction was upon me as I listened to the Sunday School teacher and I have work to do to "separate myself" more from the ways of the world. I was reminded that my life needs to be more of a reflection of Jesus than it sometimes appears to those around me. It was a good reminder that everything I do and say should reflect the glory of God. That's why I'm here after all, isn't it?
After the Sunday School class (of conviction), we head into the small sanctuary for the church service. I have to ask those of you who live in these Southern "tropical" locations... do you find the indoor air conditioning cold or are you acclimatized to it? In my little white skort and short-sleeved top I was FREEZING in church. The cold air blasting from the air conditioning was behind us and I had to snuggle in close to Hubby just to keep from icicles forming on my bare-skinned limbs. Thankfully I had taken a light sweater but I was really wishing I'd gone for the capris instead of the skort in my wardrobe choice this morning! After an hour or so, I finally had to get up and go outside to thaw out. My feet were so cold that even when I took my shoes off to stand barefoot on the hot pavement, they were still cold. Call me crazy, but I'd rather be hot than cold like that any day!
Okay... back to the photo fun challenge...
Day 26 ~ Favorite Color
So... after church (and the great conviction and freeze-out), Hubby and I took a quick jaunt to the outlet mall. Hubby went to Van Huesen to look for work slacks and I of course popped into Eddie Bauer, Bass Clothing and Van Huesen to check out a few sales there. (Don't worry Denise... I didn't check out all the stores - we still have LOTS to cover this week!). Today's picture is some of the new tank tops I found for $7.99 each at Bass in my favorite colors: pink, green and coral/orange. I also put my new socks in the picture too because they were way too cute... can you see the flip flops on the two outer pairs and the middle pair has a refreshing summer fruity drink on them. TOO CUTE!! I also picked up an orange t-shirt and white tank in Eddie Bauer and a white "eyelet" summer dress in Van Huesen (80% off!). Gotta love outlet mall end of season sales!!
So... as you can see, so far it's been a very "rewarding" trip in more ways than one. I'm looking forward to reading by the pool and relaxing tomorrow and figuring out what tomorrow's "photo fun" pic will be!





2 comments:
Well I'm glad you aren't all shopped out already, I can't wait to get down there shop the outlets with you, I've never been ;-)
And yes, I do get cold inside alot. I always take a cardi to restaurants cos usually I'm shivering. I wear socks inside at home cos my feet get cold, but I take them off when I go out to the yard and put my flipflops on (unless I'm wearing my wellies!).
I'll call you tomorrow to talk about meeting on Wed.
xxxx
So glad you're getting time on the road with Doug this go round... I know I'm looking forward to my next turn :)
Enjoy sweetums!
PS - my word verification captcha thingy below just happens to relate to your post... it's telling me to enter "brrac"... as in Brrrr, the AC is cold. Apparently they feel you when it comes to getting cold easily :)
Post a Comment