Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wasted Day

Why is it that on those days when you WANT to do something, but you need to wait for the delivery man to show, he doesn't come until the very last moment?  Today has been one of those days.

I was up late last night and truly wanted to stay in bed this morning but I got up before 9am (I know... that's late for a lot of you), to be up and ready for the Purolater delivery man to show up.  Hubby and I had purchased a new GPS this past week on our local electronics store's website and decided to have it home delivered.  The order was placed and filled quickly and from the email I received yesterday, was to be delivered today.   Today!

It's now 5:30 pm and the Purolater delivery hasn't shown up yet, although the tracking website tells me it is on the delivery truck.  Hmm.  So... knowing that my package should arrive today I altered my plans to go visit a friend this afternoon.  Instead, I planted the remainder of the front gardens, leaving the back garden until later (because I would never hear the delivery guy out back).  By 1:30 pm I was back inside... waiting.... waiting and then waiting some more.  What I really wanted to do was head to the basement and do my workout but again, I wouldn't hear the guy so I stayed above ground.  Oh sure, I could have done a myriad of other "upstairs" chores, but I didn't.  Instead I read, did some Bible study, surfed online, ate a late lunch and cleaned my kitchen.  Now I sit... and wait... and wonder if tomorrow will be a repeat of today until the silly package shows.  I am really regretting not having it sent to the store for pick-up now.  Better luck next time huh?

Here's a couple shots of the planting I did this morning.

Front Walkway

This is our front walkway between our townhouse and our neighbors.  Last year I planted more impatiens than I did this year but they were SO full last year that my mini-hostas were hidden the whole summer so I am hoping they won't go MIA this summer with less plants.

With some of the leftover impatiens I planted some flowers around the tree in our front yard, wondering how they'll do under there.  This is an experiment to be sure!

Front yard tree

While out in the garden, I thought I'd take my picture for today's 


Day 7 ~ High Angle Shot

Front Door Plantar from above


No comments: