We searched high and low from Wal-mart to Home Depot to two other nurseries in the hunt for an urn to replace the old plastic bin that was all cracked and badly in need of a date with the garbage man. At our last stop we found the perfect planter for the front walkway. Wanna see?
In this planter we put the tall brown spiky plant (that of course is it's formal name), 2 double impatiens, ivy, lobelia (I think it's what the white flowers on the left front/right back are called), and some other multi-colored ferny plant (again... forget the name!).
In the main front garden we decided to plant different flowers than last year. My garden gets SO much direct sunlight that last year my plants really didn't flourish. This year we chose some that should hopefully do much better. We picked up some strawflowers, Celosia, snap dragons, alyssum and lavender. Lots of color and texture this year. Let's hope they do well! Here's a shot of the newly planted garden:
Tomorrow, if the weather co-operates, I will plant the impatiens I have for the garden between my house and my neighbors. Last year that garden thrived with pink and white impatiens and begonias. Hopefully this year they'll do well again!
So... that was my day in a nutshell. I ended the evening babysitting my friend's four kids which went much easier than I'd anticipated. I actually looked after them in groups of 2 with the 2 older girls out at soccer games while I put the 2 youngest to bed. I honestly admire my friends with kids... I'm not so sure I could have done it to be perfectly honest!
Lastly tonight, I need to share my photo for today's
Day 6 ~ Books
Today's picture is all about books and this is how I read books these days. I would have included my Kindle book but Hubby has it with him on his business trip. I read from either my Sony eReader, Kindle or iPhone (via the Kindle app, Kobo app, or iBook app). The book I am showing is Candace Cameron-Bure's book, Reshaping it All, which is the book that inspired the 65 day challenge I'm participating in online. Sure I can sometimes miss turning the pages of a "real" book, but I was running out of physical space in my house to hold paper books, and with these books, I am never at a loss to read whatever I feel like at the exact moment I feel like reading it and... with the built in lights it's easy to read in bed without wrecking my eyes and keeping Hubby awake! Speaking of my books, I think I'll take them upstairs and have a little read before it's lights out on this day!






2 comments:
Your flowers look great! You'll have to post pictures at the end of the summer so we can see how big they get! :)
Hi sweets,
I was looking for a book to get my teeth into, so when I came across your post here, I went and ordered it for my iPad. I need to figure out how I can also have it on my iPhone. Three chapters in and I'm keen to start making some very necessary changes. Thanks for the recommendation, it's just what I need. I'm enjoying your garden and photos too. Enjoy your weekend with hubs home? Xxx
Post a Comment