The house just seems so empty and even though I have scads of things I could (and should) be doing, I find myself wandering around, restless and feeling somewhat lost. I miss my best friend when he's not here! I hate that I only get to talk to him if I'm lucky, 10 minutes a day. Finally I'm on the same page with him and look forward to the day travel is a minimal part of his job.
Until then... I keep praying for him (and us) and pushing on with the things I've got to do here at home while he's away, like get the license plate stickers for the vehicles (my big "task" for the day today!). I'll keep figuring out what God wants me to do with the time I've been given and hopefully more days than not, I'll actually accomplish those things. I will revel in the brief moments I have my Honey home with me, making his time here a place of solace and refreshment. That means that I need to lift him up and not nag or say things about how much he's working.
It's a new dance we've been learning the past few years. A dance that requires balance and patience. A dance that sometimes has it's own "solo" parts... a dance in some ways we weren't fully prepared to dance. My big question is though, Are we done yet?
Enough of that wallowing in self-pity tonight. On to the 30 Day Photo Fun challenge. Today is...
Day 8 ~ Sunset
Last Night's Sunset
Yesterday afternoon, while I was taking my Day 7 picture, I peeked ahead to today's photo challenge topic and thought that I'd better think ahead. With the strange weather we've been having lately, I wasn't convinced that if I left my shot for tonight, that I'd find a sunset and I was right. Last night, while the sun was getting ready to hide behind the houses across the street, I grabbed the camera and took this shot. I got a strange orange ball reflection somehow, but nevertheless, there is my sunset shot!



1 comment:
((SUE)), I feel you through this. With Mike on the road Monday through Friday (and even on occasional weekends) it's sometimes hard to deal with those days when loneliness tries to lurk around when we were once used to the company of our best friend that kept those feelings away.
Something funny will happen, and I'll turn to tell him and have to instead store it away as something to share later. I'll make something yummy and want to insist he give it a try, but he's not there to take a taste. I curl up in bed wanting to snuggle and find myself bundled around a body pillow trying to gt comfy.
Mike and I have come to embrace the saying that being apart makes the heart fonder. We always did enjoy each others company and cherish our time together even when it was a daily thing, but we realize through this that we took those moments for granted, and it's actually strengthened our relationship that much more, and our time together is of better quality, with the emphasis less on quantity.
Hang in there my friend.... we'll pray each other through it, that God may use this time to not only strengthen our relationships all the more with our husbands, but with HIM as well :)
Love you!
Post a Comment