Saturday, June 18, 2011

Photo Fun Catch-up Day

I am in shock that it's been a whole week since my last post ... as well as how far behind I am in the 30 day Photo Fun Challenge.  I have a good excuse.  Really, I do!  I got stumped at the start of the week on this first photo, mainly because at first the sun didn't shine... and then I wasn't in the mood for a "Fun Photo" Challenge... but more about that maybe later.  Let's catch up on some pics.



Day 12 ~ Sun Flare


I took this shot yesterday, while up at my Dad's home on the lake, while looking up through the birch trees to capture this sun flare picture.  

Day 13 ~ Reminds Me of Childhood


Looking at the glass-like surface of the lake in front of Dad's cottage home, I quickly remember that this is how we loved to water-ski.  We would wait until after dinner, when the sun was getting ready to go down and the winds had died off.  The surface of the lake was perfect for slaloming and this was one of our favorite things to do up here... that is until we got old and creaky and it hurt too much after a ski to keep it up!

Day 14 ~ Someone I Love



Now for this picture, I had a hard time deciding between this picture and another one that I will use later (also someone I love), but for this Day 14 picture, I chose our little God-daughter, Little Miss "H" who I saw Thursday evening up at her cottage, 20 minutes from Dad's place.  It was her 4th birthday a few weeks ago and "Auntie Sue" wasn't able to get up for her birthday party.  After hunting down the perfect "Princess Aurora" (Sleeping Beauty for those like me who had no idea who Princess Aurora is) gown, slippers and tiara, I gave Hill her gift on Thursday night when I arrived for dinner and a sleepover with her Mom, my childhood buddy & BFF.  (Incidentally, Hill loved the outfit and wore it numerous times throughout Friday AND wore it to her cousin's 5th birthday party today - hee hee).

Day 15 ~ Action


And now for my other "Someone I love" in action... My Dad!  While Hubby was away this week on business, I took the opportunity to head north on Thursday evening to visit my BFF while en route to visit my Dad for an early "Father's Day" weekend.  We spent Friday and most of Saturday together, where we walked the long cottage road in the morning, and he planted his urns around the property (while I snapped pictures of him unbeknownst).  We enjoyed dinner together and watched "Pearl Harbor" on the VCR (do you remember what that is?).  I left him mid-afternoon today to pick up Hubby at the airport, but not before giving him his Father's Day card and gift!

Day 16 ~ Mason Jar/Jelly Jar


This picture feels a little random to me since all the other pictures were ones I took up north this weekend.  This picture is homemade jam I was given as a gift (I think it's strawberry ~ haven't opened it yet) with my favorite teapot and accessories my BFF gave me for Christmas 2 years ago.

Day 17 ~ Bokeh


For this "bokeh" effect shot, I'm not sure if this is totally what the effect is meant to look like, but this was as close as I had in the shots I took this weekend.  From my understanding, bokeh effect is when the background of the shot is blurry and in some cases has round or other shaped effects in the blurry section.

And now to be caught up in the challenge with today's entry:

Day 18 ~ Eyes


Check out the eyes on this little guy!  This is one of the many chipmunks that were scurrying around the cottage grounds this weekend.  There seemed to be more than normal as I had to try avoiding them on the driveway as they jetted from one forest to the next.  This little guy in particular was enjoying the birdseed that had fallen from the feeder.  Isn't he cute?!  "ALVIN...." 

So... I'm all caught up with my photo challenge... and blissfully happy with my Hubby home and precious time spent with my 81 yr old Dad.  Life is good tonight and I feel exceptionally blessed.  Be back tomorrow with my next picture!

2 comments:

Julie said...

How nice you got to spend a couple of days with your dear Dad, and that you have hubs back home now too. I'm really enjoying your photos too...thanks for sharing. ((((warm hugs))))

Jennifer Emmert said...

While I have been enjoying looking at your photos when you post them, I think I'm moreso enjoying your captions! I love the little stories you put with each one!

Now, I AM wondering what happened to coming back "tomorrow" to post your next picture missy! That was Saturday, and my dear, today is Monday!... I reckon that just means I'll have to check back in on you soon ;)

Smooches!