Next I was off to the bank to return some papers, grab some moola, find a new light for over my kitchen sink (my old florescent one was falling apart ... and needed a new tube), grab a bite of lunch at Tim Horton's and then to Home Outfitters (similar to Bed, Bath & Beyond for my American friends) to find a shower gift for my future niece and nephew's bridal shower Sunday. On the way home I stopped at the drugstore to pick up Calcium pills and a shower card, wrapping paper and bow. Exciting I know and I'm sure your day is now complete knowing all I did on my errand run - ha ha.
Before I knew it the day was done and Hubby was home from the dentist and like the doll he is, even exhausted from his day, he immediately started installing my new light after I showed him what I'd found. He's such a dream! (swoon... swoon).
Our evening was "exciting"... after a healthy dinner of fish (he had salmon, I had tilapia), salad and steamed broccoli, I started laundry while we watched The Bachelorette. Yep... I'm still addicted to that train-wreck of a show. Seriously... it's like an accident and I can't not look!
Because of my crazy day, I didn't get my camera out but as my dear friend, Jenn reminded me, I promised to come back Sunday to keep on track with my pictures and oopsie... I was enjoying my day with my Sweetie and totally forgot. We had a quiet Father's Day (Hubby lost his Dad 18 yrs ago and I'd just been up to see mine). We did go for a nice long walk & with the help of my pedometer, was able to measure how far we'd gone. There are tons of trails around our house and even some lovely wooded paths and we followed those through the neighborhood for a refreshing (and sweat-inducing) 3 mile walk. Sunday workout... Check!
Since I was snap-happy at the cottage last weekend, just for you Jenn, I can continue on with pictures in the 30 Day Photo Fun challenge.
Day 19 ~ Summertime
Day 20 ~ Water
Now... had I not been preoccupied with laundry... and The Bachelorette, I would have gotten outside and given my garden a little drink and then perhaps taken an exciting shot of a water droplet falling off a leaf or something very artistic but nope... you get another picture from the weekend. This one I took with our new Canon Powershot camera and zoomed that sucker up. This boat was actually on the other side of the lake from where I was sitting. From Dad's deck you can't really make out those cottages behind the boat with the naked eye in any sort of detail but wowzers... this camera sure gets ya there! Boating on the lake is SO fun and I really do feel blessed to have had a place on such a gorgeous body of water to hang out at every summer. Our lake actually, on a good hot summer, can get up over 80 degrees where our dock sits. Of course, that's usually the only times that I actually want to get IN the water! I'm such a baby. I hate cold water. I tell my Hubby I'm like a cat... I don't like to get wet!
I'll be back... soon with more 30 Day Photo Fun for you!




1 comment:
You're hilarious... but of course I love the photos and "captions" :)
Post a Comment