Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Medicine of Laughter

We just got home from a wonderful evening with our long-time friends who we haven't spent time with in way too long.  My stomach hurts from laughing so hard tonight.  Don't you just love those kinds of evenings... and friends to laugh that hard with?  Oh how foolish we've been to let these gems of relationships slip through our lives for too many long years.  Their kids are almost grown and we've missed out on so many precious memories and milestones but now we can make up for lost time!

It's not often that people come into your lives that you really click with... you can be 100% yourself and not worry about what they think of you or how they'll react when you're a little ... out there.  These two sets of friends are that special.  One couple I've known for my entire adult life, the other couple almost my entire married life.  Both couples have long held a special place in Hubby's and my hearts.  How awesome is God that He directed their paths individually to the same church 2 years ago.  And not only did they attend the same church, both newcomers at the same time... they actually sat near each other every week.   It was through Facebook that we women figured out that we all knew one another... theirs a new friendship, ours a long-time friendship that had slipped through the cracks of busy lives and different life paths.  I am still in awe at how good God is and I can't thank Him enough for bringing us all together as a sextet of friendship.

Hubby's been working like a dog, working almost non-stop for weeks.  Tonight's laughter and catching up was medicine to his soul as much as it was to mine.  It is such a gift to have these types of friends that pour so much back into our weary souls.  We have all vowed to never let so much time pass between our visits again. These friendships are much too precious to let distance and time come between again!

It's late so I feel like I'm rambling on now so before I head to bed, I'll post my picture for the


Day 11 ~ Silhouette


Now, although this picture wasn't taken today, it was a picture taken by either my Hubby or myself one very early Summer morning from the front porch of my Dad's lake house.  I wasn't able to take a silhouette shot today so I had to dig through old files to find a good one.  I had a couple others we took on our travels around North America but I chose this one because it was more plausible that I could have taken it today (if I'd been up to my Dad's place... or the sun had been shining... or I would actually be awake early enough to see the sunrise).

3 comments:

Jennifer Emmert said...

Aw, glad you guys enjoyed your evening and caught up on some laughing time. Isn't it amazing how both a good belly laugh and a good hard cry can be so cleansing and refreshing for the spirit?

Amy Kenyon said...

Hi Sue! I love laughing with friends! Good for the soul! ; ) The Silhouette Picture is gorgeous!Id love to be sitting there looking at the beautiful scenery! : )

Lindsy said...

Mmmm...I love that kind of laughter and those kinds of outings. So glad you got to do that!