Saturday, June 11, 2011

Party Pooped

It's a party weekend in the Nest.  It's only just begun but this party-er is already pooped!

Last night was my oldest nephew & his future bride's "Stag and Doe" - our second ever and second this month!  It was a night of fun and family and well... prizes!  Yep.  We won something again.  Last S&D we won a 10 person Niagara area wine tour (which I plan to organize with my family members hopefully sometime this summer/fall).  Last night Hubby won a multi-meter and flashlight set, and then we won a "date night" basket with 2 bottles of wine, wine glasses, candles, chocolates and a $50 dinner gift certificate to local restaurants.  Sweet!  Now if I can only get Hubby to stick around home long enough for us to use it!

Tonight we have dinner out with some old friends who we haven't hung out with in forever (well, actually I just hung out with the wives a couple weeks ago).  Really looking forward to it!  Hubby's sleeping as much as he can today so he can catch up on some lost sleep with his busy travel schedule and so he can come out to play tonight.  Hopefully the rain will either hurry & get over with, or avoid us altogether as we had planned for a bon-fire at our friends' place tonight after our BBQ dinner.

My weight loss is going well and I've lost yet another pound!  I even remained in my calorie count yesterday at the S&D which could have been very difficult to do with the amazing spread my sister and her family put on.  Seriously people... you have NO idea how much food was there.  I should have taken a picture on my phone.  There were probably 5-6 banquet size tables FULL of food.  I think my sister said she made something like 1000 meatballs.  Crazy... but delish!

I'm a day behind in my 30 Day Photo Fun.  Some days are trickier than others.  Because it's supposed to be a shot we take on that day I had to use a little imagination and creativity for yesterday's shot.

Day 10 ~ Animal


Since we don't have any pets and well, a trip to the zoo was out of the question since it's on the other side of Toronto, I figured that these little guys would fit the bill.  This is one of my teddy bear displays in my living room.  (If you happen to see a dust bunny hop by, well... that's a different kind of "animal" isn't it?).

I'm at a loss as to how to do today's picture since I'm really not a very good photographer.  I seem to be missing that photographer's eye.  Hopefully I can figure something out so I can continue my challenge!

1 comment:

Abby said...

OK, I need to know what a Stag and Doe is...