Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Got an Itch

It's been a gloriously sunny (and HOT) week in San Marcos and I've spent most of my days reading by the pool while Hubby works.  I'm thankful for my 30SPF sunscreen that is keeping me from becoming a human piece of toast, although I must confess that self-slathering one's back with sufficient sunscreen is a bit tricky.  Even with my limber limbs from all my exercising, there are still a couple of little sections of my back that I can't quite reach and now those little sections are a bright pink color (and becoming increasingly itchy).  I realized yesterday after taking stock of my newly damaged tanned skin, that I was unable to reach certain sections.  Today, I mustered courage and asked a total stranger (a friendly, young mom in the pool with her adorably polka-dot suited daughter).  if she wouldn't mind helping me with my sunscreen dilemma. She kindly agreed to help me out!

I observed during my time at the pool today how some children are completely unaware of pool etiquette.  Instead of enjoying a section of the pool, they tend to take over the entire pool, or just the immediate area that I tend to be swimming in.  Why is that?  Do I have some strange magnetism that attracts them to me, similar to people who dislike cats and find the cat rubbing up against them continuously? I'm not saying I dislike children... it's just that not having them, I perhaps don't have the same, um... tolerance (?) that parents have for their young cherubs.  If it wasn't the beach-ball cross-pool hogging kids this morning, or the soggy "splash bombs" kids, throwing them in my lounge chair vicinity constantly in the afternoon, the clincher was the young boy sneezing his little head off INTO the pool right in front of me.  Nice!!  Swimming in snot is just how I long to spend my afternoon!  I don't mean to sound like a summer-time "Grinch", but it just fascinates me how this happens in any public pool whether I'm 1000s of miles from home in Texas, or in our own neighborhood pool.  Hmm.

Only a few days left of the 30 Day Photo Fun Challenge.  For today's entry (which includes yesterdays and today's photos), I will have one picture taken this week, and the other taken from my "archives" of photos since I was too lazy to go down to the parking lot for a legit challenge pic.



Day 27 ~ My Weakness


The last two nights, Hubby and I were out to dinner with clients but tonight, we made it home just in time to watch The Voice on t.v.  Before we left for dinner, I had gone down to the "Manager's Reception" at the hotel lobby for my nightly glass of White Zinfandel wine which I had put into our room fridge for later.  Along with the wine, I thought of my other "weakness", Diet Coke.  Oh, I know how horrible it is for my health, but as of yet, I have not been able to "kick the habit".

Day 28 ~ Transportation


Okay... I confess, I didn't take this picture... at all.  I "borrowed" this picture from the Carnival cruise line website.  The reason I chose this picture for today's pic though is that in 136 days, Hubby and I will be joining my NC sister & her family on this ship for a fun 6 day cruise to Bahamas and Key West FL.  I just thought it would be a fun picture for this topic!  Had I been on the ball though, I would have gotten up off my lounge chair this week, and taken a picture of one of the fire engines that pulled through the hotel parking lot where the Texas fireman from across the state are whooping it up at their convention.  Who is tending the fires though is what I want to know!?


5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Glad your enjoying the Texas sun. My niece lives in Ft. Hood. Denise is a good friend of mine and just posted about your visit. Thought I would check out your blog. Following you now too!

Jennifer Emmert said...

Ok miss thang... When I saw your comment on my blog I raced over thinking maybe that meant you had updated yours... I mean, after all, it;s only been a week... ahem :p

Jennifer Emmert said...

Miss you... ♥

Judy said...

Hi Sue! Spending the afternoon catching up on my reads (I'm not yet back to blogging). I had SOOOOO much fun here! I really enjoyed your photo challenge photos (even though you admitted cheating on many) :). You made me laugh out loud when I saw you stylish ripped jeans (gotta love those red undies!!). :) Sadly, some wouldn't blink an eye if you were to go out like that - you would have been in style. :) I didn't realize that you had been blogging so faithfully! I'll be sure to keep up with you now. Love ya Sue!

Jennifer Emmert said...

((Thinking about you and sending a prayer your way))