I'd been out all day at a meeting for our Abide banquet and had just sat down at 2:30 pm to check emails when I heard the Hubby's key in the front door lock. Surprised he was home, I was even more surprised when he came around the corner with this beautiful bouquet of flowers in his hand. WOWZERS!! Orchids, snapdragons, daisies, gerbera daisy and my favorite of all... purple stock... and some other funky looking purple spikey flower. Have you ever smelled Stock? Mmmmmmm! Even though I'm not technically a Mom, Hubby said that because I'm a mother-figure to many, he wanted me to have these. What a keeper my Sweetie is!!
After I put my gorgeous fragrant flowers into a vase, Hubby and I took off for a little exercise equipment shopping. His company allows employees a certain amount of money each year to purchase equipment to keep them healthy. For some it can be used towards a gym membership I think, but Hubby likes to use his amount for equipping our home gym and fortunately now I get to take part in these "rewards". Today we picked up an exercise mat, some dumbbells and we forgot to pick it up, but we intended to grab a medicine ball too. We'll have to go back for that!
On our "errand run" we also did a quick stop at the grocery store before heading home, only because I'd forgotten a part of my EA Sports Active2 program (that I was returning to Best Buy) in my Wii. The heart monitor stopped working on my program after my second time using the program... either that or my heart stopped ticking! Once the groceries were in place, and the USB drive for the exercise program was in my hand, we head over to Best Buy to make an exchange. I'm hoping this new one works. If not... I'm giving up on that particular program!
After Best Buy, Hubby and I caught an early movie of "Something Borrowed". Cute movie. John Krakinski stole the show though. That guy is FUNNY! Do you know who I'm talking about? He's the guy who plays Jim on The Office... married to Emily Blunt (the snarky Britt in The Devil Wears Prada). After the movie we head out for dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, where I made sure on my handy little calorie counting program that I could eat something there and stay within my daily limit. I had 2 small pieces of pizza along with half a spinach salad. YUM! Only 540 calories in total. Not bad for dinner! I even chose to drink water... mostly though because they serve Pepsi there and I'm a Diet Coke girl!
Since I've been on the go all day I still have my workout to do for today. I'm on my 2nd last workout for my 6 week challenge. I can't believe I've almost made it.
Before I go for tonight... been a long time since I've done it... but here is this week's Friday Fill-ins:
And...here we go!
1. Amazing Race is one my favorite TV show (or movie) because I love that I can see the world from the comfort of my HDTV!
2. Go to page 45 of the book you're reading or of the book closest to you; go to the 6th paragraph and make a sentence out of 7 words from it: Make notes on each plan and pray.
3. I am tired tonight.
4. I rarely take long walks.
5. Take some time to tell someone special that you love them.
6. My Wii needs a bit of work out tonight so I'll have to go keep it company and exercise.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to sleeping, tomorrow my plans include knitting (gotta finish some things for the Silent Auction) and Sunday, I want to think about my Mom in honor of her on Mother's Day!
1. Amazing Race is one my favorite TV show (or movie) because I love that I can see the world from the comfort of my HDTV!
2. Go to page 45 of the book you're reading or of the book closest to you; go to the 6th paragraph and make a sentence out of 7 words from it: Make notes on each plan and pray.
3. I am tired tonight.
4. I rarely take long walks.
5. Take some time to tell someone special that you love them.
6. My Wii needs a bit of work out tonight so I'll have to go keep it company and exercise.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to sleeping, tomorrow my plans include knitting (gotta finish some things for the Silent Auction) and Sunday, I want to think about my Mom in honor of her on Mother's Day!




No comments:
Post a Comment