Monday, January 3, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ January 3, 2011

FOR TODAY... from Sue's Daybook 

Outside my window... the grass is green again.  Still no real significant snowfall yet.  

I am thinking... of all the things I need to do and hoping I don't forget anything.

I am thankful for... all of God's amazing blessings He's given Hubby & I this past year.

I am wearing... blue sweat pants, white long sleeve tee, blue fleece cardigan

I am remembering... the need for portion control and exercise in 2011

I am going... to enjoy having my Hubby all to myself for almost 2 whole weeks!

I am reading... My Bible, Angela Thomas' "Do You Know Who I Am?" and a couple biographies

I am hearing... Dr. Oz talk about BMI and am excited to say according to his BMI calculations I am just barely "overweight" - yay!!  

I am hoping... to not regain the 5 pounds I lost over Christmas!

I need... to have a nap... didn't sleep well last night - couldn't turn my brain off.

On my mind... what to wear on a cruise... who knew how overwhelming it was to figure out how to dress.

From the learning rooms... our best is what pleases God ... taken from reading Gen 4:7 and the sacrifices Cain and Abel presented to God.  Our attitude in giving is key to that too.

Noticing that... the hours are flying by and Hubby will be home very soon.

Pondering these words... from sermon by Andy Stanley Jan 2/11 - "Do for one what you wish you could do for everyone"

From the kitchen... not much is happening in there these days

I am creating... another couple of baby blankets - one pink, one blue 

Around the house... it still looks like Christmas and will for awhile still - not ready to take it all down just yet.

One of my favorite things... surprising my Hubby at Christmas and seeing the joy on his face when he saw his brand new stocking I'd knit him :-)

A few plans for the rest of the week... spending lots and lots of time with my precious Hubby... and enjoying some warm sunshine!!

From my picture journal... 


Our new Christmas Stockings I knit for us this year.  
Hubby's is the cream one, mine is the burgundy one

You can participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook Meme by linking to the site below:

Have a simply beautiful day!

No comments: