Friday, September 24, 2010

Tears of a Fan

That old Smokey Robinson song, "Tears of a Clown" just popped in my head as I was thinking of what to title today's post.  I had to change the last word though because although I can act very "clownish", today's tears came about as a result of watching Carrie Underwood (of whom I am a HUGE fan) in her just released new video for her single Mama's Song.

In the video, Carrie is singing to her actual Mom about her wedding day in which she hands her Mom a homemade scrapbook as she leaves for her honeymoon with her new husband, Canadian hockey player, Mike Fisher (who is also in the video with Carrie).

I've always been a fan of Carrie's, ever since she first showed up on the American Idol stage years ago, but her relationship with Mike has really upped the anti so to speak in my obsessive need to follow their lives fan interest.  My friend and I are always quick to share any new tidbits of information we glean about our favorite couple, such as pictures of them shopping in a quaint little Eastern Ontario town near where they visit family, or details about their wedding from my "inside source" (aka my niece whose in-laws were at the wedding!).  This song of Carrie's really touched my heart when I first heard it on her "Play On" CD.  Carrie co-wrote the song and I immediately knew it was about Mike, before their engagement was announced.  To see the video just about bursts my heart with joy for this young couple as they start their lives as a godly, young family.  I wish them nothing but God's blessings, joy and marital bliss!

Here's the video for you to watch... but you may need a tissue... like I did!  Enjoy!



11 comments:

Denise said...

Awww, that was lovely, but yay I didn't need the tissues - just as well, I just put my mascara on :)

Mikki said...

Oh my goodness..
As of momma of two girls... What a BEAUTIFUL video!!

Thank you for sharing this!

Susan said...

Hi Sue, That was so toucing but a little bittersweet for me. We are in the midst of a heatweave. 107 today and tomorrow and almost 90's at the beaches. I want fall! Oh well that is what it is like here in So Ca. Have a great week, Hugs

Judy said...

Sue, I am not a fan of country music (the word 'hate' comes to mind), but I so enjoyed this video...in fact, the word 'love' comes to mind. And yes, I did need tissue, because it caused me to think about my own Mom, & her hopes & dreams for me, & of course my Emily...I don't think 'anyone' can ever be good enough for her, but I know that one day she will find that wonderful 'prince'. I will instill into her all things good & right. It also made me think about my sons - I instilled those same things into them as boys & young men, & they are so faithful & loyal (to a fault..just like their Mommma), & yet I have seen them open their lives & hearts, only to be broken by girls that didn't have the kind of Momma that instilled good into them. I really do thank you for sharing this video. Such a sweet, sweet tribute to not only her Mom, but to the man that she has found to spend her life with. Love you Sue!

Tracey said...

Hi Sue! I'm a huge Carrie Underwood fan! I don't know how anyone could hate country music?!?! What a beautiful song and yes I needed a tissue! Hope you're having a great week :) ((BIG HUGS))

Jennifer said...

Hey Sue!
Long time no visit, so I wanted to say hi. It was a beautiful video, and a little too real for me, as my oldest is a gorgeous blonde with mile long locks, big blue eyes... and I'm not looking forward to the years that lie ahead as far as boys are concerned!
I have to agree with Judy though too- not a fan of country! hehe
Hope all is well - take care. : )

KrnDrln said...

That was a wonderful video. I like Carrie Underwood although I'm not a country music fan in general, I do like her! :)

Thanks for sharing that video with us!

Tammy said...

That is a very nice video, Sue. I wish Carrie and her new hubby all the happiness in the world! Love you! xo

Pam said...

Oh, Sue, I loved this. It makes me feel like writing!! :D I've always loved Carrie Underwood too but have not followed this closely so it was fun to see. I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to try to be blogging in a different blog for the time being. I miss the everyday kind of chitchat with my blogging girlfriends :) vs. my homemaking blog. xoxo

Tracey said...

Hope you have a great weekend too, Sue! ((BIG HUGS))

Jess :) said...

My girl!!!! :) This has to be one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE songs. When I first heard it, I sobbed. I said a prayer, in my car, that I would be able to surprise my mom with a slide-show of pictures, while this plays in the backgroud, at my wedding someday. That is my prayer.

Until then, I keep praying for that special someone and continue to sob EVERY time I hear/see this video.

I can't wait to hear her perform this LIVE in Dec. I just wish my mom wasn't coming because I didn't want her to hear the song...yet...but oh well. :)

HUGS