Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when dreams come true, there is life and joy. Proverbs 13:12 (NLT)
I remember reading this Scripture verse many times over the decade + of infertility grief. The constant roller coaster of emotional highs and lows as hope was continually deferred. Yep. My heart sure was sick... but not anymore.
I often expected that the answer to the "dreams coming true" portion of this verse meant a baby would be on it's way, but God had other plans for Hubby and I. Instead, He chose to heal that sick heart and put new dreams and hopes inside and allowed life and joy to come outside of the norm of becoming parents.
As I've learned to "let go and let God" over the past few years, I've seen many dreams come true. I've watched God use me in ministry with our ladies' group at church, and I've had the joy and pleasure of travelling with my precious Hubby to places I had only dreamed of in the past.
Last Monday, Hubby and I arrived home from a 12 day vacation in the sunny south. We enjoyed a part of Florida we'd never seen before (Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood Beach & South Beach, Miami)
Me, using my superhero strength on Fort Lauderdale Beach
while waiting to board our very first cruise ship, The Crown Princess.
Our "home away from home"
During the cruise we did some AMAZING things... total "dreams come true" for me. In Grand Cayman we swam with stringrays
I never imagined I'd be brave enough to do this!
and with dolphins
I am fascinated by these creatures so this was HUGE for me!
In Roatan, Honduras we flew through the trees on ziplines
I've wanted to do this forever!
and lounged on a beautiful beach
This day was perfect!
Even amidst the disappointments of a gray day in Cozumel, we were still so blessed as we met some amazing ladies that shared in our miserable day on "Passion Island". It's funny how adversity can draw people together! Humor helps a lot too!!
Here we are with our Fort Wayne Girls on our last night
The biggest dream of mine that ever came true was meeting, falling in love and marrying my Best Friend over 16 years ago! Taking this trip, having him all to myself with NO WORK for 12 days was like a tiny piece of Heaven.
Formal Night # 2
Now we're home and back from the grind, but the memories of these dreams come true will last for quite some time. God is so good and I can't begin to thank Him enough for the many, MANY blessings He has given to me! I hope my gratitude never wanes!










3 comments:
What a beautiful vacation. I can almost feel the warmth just looking at your pictures.
Love your black and white shoes too:)
Yay for a vacation just you and hubs. Sounds like it was restorative - the best kind of vacation to have! Beautiful pictures too - made me want to be somewhere tropical rather than dealing with snow EVERYDAY lately. =) Enjoy your week back.
LOVE the pics, wow, those 12 days sure flew by fast!
Have a great week.
xxxx
Post a Comment