1/1/11. Isn't that one of the coolest dates? With it comes a moment of reflection at where we've been and a look ahead at what's to come.
Where we've been? Physically, we've been to Myrtle Beach for a chilly Spring vacation and to Sunny California where I was blessed to meet up with many of my online girlfriends as well as tour most of Southern California. I've been to Michigan to visit another friend in the Fall. Spiritually, I've seen God stretch and strengthen me, blessing me beyond belief as I've walked in obedience into ministry with our ladies' group.
Christmas was super busy but a wonderful time spent with family and friends as we celebrated Jesus' birthday. This year, Hubby and I went with his Mom to a "quiet" Christmas Eve service on the Eve of Christmas Eve (Thursday). It was held at a local Anglican church and we really enjoyed it. It was different than we'd ever experienced and I really liked the idea of having communion at the service at it seemed to bring everything "full circle" as we celebrated Jesus' arrival to earth and his death/resurrection which fulfilled the purpose of His coming.
Last night (New Year's Eve) we had a quiet evening of ringing in the New Year with close friends. We ate, we drank, we chatted, we laughed and we watched the countdown from Niagara Falls on t.v. (while taping the ball drop from NYC on our PVR).
So... with the turn of the clock into a new year, I have spent the day watching the most beautiful parade of all - the Rose Bowl Parade - and spent the day watching movies and reflecting on what's to come in 2011. I don't really make resolutions since they are usually broken within the first few days of the year, but here are a few of my goals that I am aiming for this year.
I am seeking to once again read through the Bible in a year, this time doing it with a friend at church using the One Year Bible.
I am aiming to take better care of myself - diet and exercise wise. I started reading Candace Cameron-Bure's new book which combines health advice with spiritual truths to altar our relationship with food and exercise. That's what I need... or having my mouth surgically shut - ;-) I've been trying to get on the treadmill regularly lately but that probably has more to do with the fact that I'll be in a bathing suit in public soon ;-)
I want to be more organized in my home and I plan to give my house a good "shoveling out" this winter... getting rid of clutter.
Hubby and I are looking forward to taking some time to relax in the next few weeks and I for one am ready for some R&R... and having him ALL TO MYSELF!!
As this first day of 2011 comes towards it's end, I want to wish each of you a very special Happy New Year!


2 comments:
I don't "do" resolutions anymore either for the same reason you stated. I prefer to have goals that I can adjust when needed and see the completion of something. I hope you enjoy this adventure of reading through the Bible in a Year. I did that last year and still have a few days to finish up. I thought I was going to try again this year, but I've adjusted that to doing different Bible studies. I really enjoyed doing it last year, this was my first time ever to go from cover to cover and I know I'll do it again. Happy New Year!
Happy New Year Sue! I have major goals to declutter this year too....I have a feeling you'll be more productive than me. Carting around an infant starting in March with a toddler not far behind will make organization tricky but it's the thought that counts, right? I've never done the Bible in a year but I think it is a respectable goal. I do manage to sit down most mornings with Proverbs 31 blog and it definitely starts my day off on the right foot thankfully. Glad you have some upcoming R&R with your hubs soon! Take Care!
Post a Comment