It's been a long while (6 weeks I think) since my last "Daybook" entry so thought tonight was a great time to get back to it!
FOR TODAY... from Sue's Daybook
Outside my window... gentle snowflakes are wafting around in the air but BABY it's COLD outside!!
I am thinking... that I'm pretty much ready for Christmas which feels GREAT!
I am thankful for... my precious Hubby who just came down and surprised me with a massage for my tired feet, after a full day in the kitchen baking.
I am wearing... black yoga pants, white long-sleeve "T", blue sweatshirt and my new cozy slippers
I am remembering... Christmas in my youth when Mom would bake her Christmas cookies to the sounds of carols on the stereo... exactly what I did today!
I am going... to have a house full on Saturday night and can't wait!! FAMILY!!! YAY!!!
I am reading... My Bible, Angela Thomas' "Do You Know Who I Am?" and Debbie Macomber's "Christmas in Cedar Cove"
I am hearing... Karen Carpenter singing from my iPhone speakers in the kitchen ~ one of my favorite Christmas CDs "Christmas Portrait" by the Carpenters
I am hoping... we have a White Christmas - just today we finally have snow covering the ground (if only about a few cm)
I need... dust and sweep my house tomorrow morning before company comes for the evening
On my mind... Christmas and the magic I feel this time of year
From the learning rooms... Jesus IS the focus of Christmas
Noticing that... this year the words to the Christmas Carols really seem "alive" to me in a new, fresh way - like I'm hearing them for the first time with my eyes open to the significance of the message.
Pondering these words... "Take time to be Holy"... am I doing that each day? Hmm.
From the kitchen... that is nicely cleaned, came 1 batch of Honey Biscuit cookies, 1 batch of Eggnog Thumb Print Cookies, 1 batch of Empire Cookies and 1 pan of Toffee Crunch bars today.
I am creating... food for our first of two family Open House Christmas parties
Around the house... are the signs and smells of Christmas. Mmm!
One of my favorite things... surprising my Hubby at Christmas and I have something special to surprise him with this year... but I can't tell you just yet. You'll have to wait like him until Christmas!
A few plans for the rest of the week... prep for the party (housecleaning and cooking/baking), movie w/ girlfriend, visit from friends, watching Christmas movies, spending time meditating on the true meaning of Christmas
From my picture journal...
You can participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook Meme by linking to the site below:
Have a simply beautiful day!




No comments:
Post a Comment