Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Week... Already?

I'm sitting here in shock that it's already been over a week since my last post.  Where have I been?  What have I been doing to keep me away from writing my blog?  Um... I don't really remember.  Can you tell I'm over 40!!

Do you ever feel like life is like one of those big stone wheels from the Flintstone's totally careening out of control?  I think I do.  My life has been pretty sweet lately (dare I say that out loud) and nothing horrific or challenging has been keeping me away.  Nope.  Just sheer busyness offline I guess is the culprit.

We're in the home stretch of Abide, our church ladies' group and my first "semester" as lead facilitator of our Thursday morning and Tuesday evening groups.  When I think back to how petrified I was that first week, I can't believe I am the same person standing at the front each Thursday morning.  God has been so awesome and has "showed up" each and every week, constantly reminding me that this is His "gig" and I have nothing to worry about or fear because He has it all covered.  Week after week I find this to be so true!  Our study was life-changing and beyond encouraging for me and all we have left of the Fall session is our Christmas decorating this week and our Christmas Tea a week Tuesday in the evening.  Which reminds me... I still need to learn to make edibles scones before then.  


Yesterday I booked Hubby and I on our first ever cruise to be taken in the New Year.  We're super excited to travel by ship to amazing islands in the Caribbean we've never seen before ~ Grand Cayman (Cayman Islands), Roatan (Honduras), Cozumel (Mexico) and Princess Cays (Bahamas).  We got a sweet deal by cashing in Aeroplan points and as Heaven shone down upon us, Air Canada had an incredible seat sale for the airfare!  Cannot wait!!

My Saturday this week was a baking day.  Tomorrow is my niece, "R's" baby shower for baby "E" who was born Oct 29.  I made sugar cookies similar to the one's for our church secretary's shower last month, only this time I found a much better recipe (and method) for the Royal Icing which made a HUGE difference in the decorating process.  I'll post about those in my other blog, Cookies, Cakes and Cupcakes... Oh My! hopefully tomorrow or Monday.

Well, I think I'll head off and read up on our new camera.  I need to make sure I understand it well enough to take some good pictures at the shower tomorrow!

3 comments:

Sandra Rowell said...

Life has been getting in the way of my blog lately, too, which is a good thing. I've been so busy at work, and then with projects around the house, too. Sounds like you have an exciting year coming up. Have fun on your cruise!

~Pam~ said...

Hi Sue!
How exciting, a cruise! I don't think I will ever get Dan to want to take a cruise.lol
Hope you had lots of fun at the shower today.
Love you!
xoxo

AliceMum said...

Oh Sue you will "LOVE" the cruise!! Fred and I went on one in 2005 with Toronto Airport Church and it was awesome. We did outreach at one of the onshore stops, which was wonderful. The cruise itself was great..met lots of really neat people and a couple of the guys Fred still stays in touch with online..
I checked out your cookies...wonderful job you talented lady!! Love you!!