Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hodgepodge Wednesday... Um... Make that Thursday!

Yesterday was Hodgepodge Wednesday over at Joyce's blog From This Side of the Pond.  I am of course, a little late in playing again, but as the saying goes... better late than never!  Considering I've tried at least 4 times to write something interesting today, it's even more imperative that I play to get myself back in the blogging groove.   So, without further "ado", let's play along with Joyce and friends!


1. What is the most interesting thing you've done in the last year?  Hmm... I think I would say, our trip to California and going on the backlot tours of Warner Brothers Studio and Universal Studios.

2. What is your most meaningful family heirloom?  I have a few actually... one is the round gold locket my Grandma gave me which has pictures of my paternal Great-grandparents' pictures inside.  I had this locket stitched onto a hankie that I carried as my "something old" on my wedding day.  The other would be my Mom's pearl necklace and her kilt that we had purchased in Scotland together.

3. What food festival would you most like to attend? If you're not sure click here to see a list of possibilities.  There are two food festivals that we attend in our community.  One is the Bread and Honey Festival and the other is RibFest.  Both are pretty fun and the bread and honey at the former - DELISH!

4. Snow...do you love it or is it considered a four letter word where you live?  Isn't it a four-letter word everywhere? hee hee.  I love the look of a fresh snowfall, especially in December, but I would rather not see/experience it on a yearly basis.

5. Can you ski? Do you ski? Are you any good?  I have never downhill skied.  Never wanted to.  I have a long time ago cross-country skied and I used to water-ski.  I was moderately good at water-skiing as I could slalom but had great difficulty getting up on one ski on my own.

6. What quality in your spouse or best friend are you most thankful for?  Where do I begin?  I am most thankful for my Hubby's spiritual leadership, his kindness, love and how he has shown me God's grace.  He has shown me what love is and has been a huge influence in my spiritual growth over the last 16 years.  He IS my Best Friend!

7. Describe the coziest spot in your home.  Right now I think it's our living room.  We have our Christmas tree up and when all the lights are off except the twinkle lights of the tree and garland on the dining room garland it is super cozy.  Think I can leave it up all year?

8. Insert your own random thought here.  One of my super pet peeves is when I go shopping and get home and find the flyers for the sales that start tomorrow and there... in the flyer is the exact same items I just purchased for way less.  Example?  I bought Clementine oranges today for $4.99... and tomorrow that same box is on sale for $1.99 with a $30 purchase.  Hello... I spent well over $30 today.  I knew I should have followed my gut and waited to do my shopping tomorrow!  Grrrr.  Have you ever experienced this?


So that's my Hodgepodge thoughts for the day... and this week. 

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hi Sue, I know what you mean about buying something and then it goes on sale. Tomorrow is the holiday boutique I am in. I hope it goes well. Have a nice weekend. Hugs