Thursday, November 11, 2010

Wednesday... Um Make That Thursday Hodgepodge

Some days as many a blog writer knows the 'ole noggin is just not that profound and keen to write original and interesting prose.  Um... that would be moi yesterday... and perhaps today (we shall soon find out!).  That's where the wonderful world of Memes come in handy.  Through the creativity of other blog writers, we with writer's cramped brains can "play along" and piggyback on their creative juices.  Think writing prompts in the literary world.

When Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee decided her Random Dozen had played out it's course in her mind, Joyce, over at From This Side of the Pond, wonderfully picked up where Linda left off and we're back in Meme business.  Without further ado... let's play:



If you're quick, you'll notice that it's supposed to be Wednesday Hodgepodge.  Well... I just couldn't seem to get my hodgepodgey brain to co-operate so this week it's Thursday Hodgepodge!


1. Do you think you're more like your mom or your dad?  Personality wise I think I'm definitely more like my Mom was, but in the look s department... mostly my Dad.  (Thank you Daddy for my blue eyes!!)

2. Do you like roller coasters?  LOVE them, although the newer ones don't love me so much.  They're a little rough on my old neck but yes... the faster and dippier the better!  I love that tummy turning feeling.

3. How did you name your blog and do you now wish you'd thought about it maybe another five minutes before you hit publish? Would you change your blog title if it were not a huge pain in the derriere? (French makes everything sound a little nicer doesn't it?)  My blog name came from my journey through infertility and after years of fighting God on the "lemons" I thought He'd given me by not giving me children, I learned to make Lemonade because life is just so much sweeter when we embrace what God has given us.  He knows why so why not just sit back and sip from His cup of goodness!

4. What is the best wedding gift you received? Not married? Didn't get any gifts? Then what is the best wedding gift you've given?  Oh my goodness... thinking back over the 16 years of marriage can I even remember the best wedding gift?  How 'bout the most useful?  That one is easy... it was the electric skillet my Mom's sister (Aunt Ruth) gave us.  I used it constantly until I wore it out.

5. What is the one bill you most hate to pay?  I hate to pay them all, but probably the cable bill.

6. Is the glass half full or half empty?  Depends on what's in it ;-)  Seriously... I used to be a glass half empty person but since God did a major "attitude adjustment" inside me, I'm much more a glass half full kinda girl.

7. What is your favorite word? Okay okay. Calm down. How aboutone of your favorite words?  Hmm... "Sweet"... "Eh?" (I am Canadian afterall!)..."Cool"... "Sweetie, Honey... and other terms of endearment".  

8. And now for my completely "random" #8... (this is the rules for those who don't know how the "game" is played)... I don't think I could survive without my flat-iron.  How ever did I go out in public before they were invented??  Having that mix of curly/wavy/frizzy hair, I honestly can't believe how I ventured out with that mop top in the past.  Makes me ever so grateful for my electricity.  Now THAT is one bill I don't mind paying!!

Okay... so there it is... my first "Wednesday" Hodgepodge.  If you want to play along, hop on over to Joyce's view From This Side of the Pond to play along!   

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Eh! Great answer! Glad you played along this week. I think your blog title fits perfectly with # 6. : )

Tracey said...

Hi Sue! What a fun meme...I may have to try it out! Loved reading all of your answers :) Have a great weekend!
Hugs and blessings,
Tracey

Cathy said...

Love your answer about the blog name and I agree about roller coasters. Have a great weekend.

~Pam~ said...

Hi Sue!!
Great post, I may do it next week..if I remember. lol

I miss you!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
~hugs~