Monday, October 11, 2010

Simple Thanksgiving Daybook ~ Oct 11, 2010

Today is Canadian Thanksgiving and I have MUCH to be thankful for today.  My heart is full of gratitude for the freedom I know as a Canadian and as a Christian.  I am forever grateful for God's abundant blessings of peace, joy and love and His unfathomable gift of forgiveness through the life, death and resurrection of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.  I'm thankful for my family, especially my beloved Hubby, and for my church family, all who love and accept me, flaws and all.  I could go on and on, but for now, I'm thankful that after two months, I can join in the fun once again with my Simple Woman's Daybook. Perhaps it will inspire me to get out of my blogging funk!


FOR TODAY... from Sue's Daybook

Outside my window... the trees in my backyard have almost lost all their leaves

I am thinking... about how beautiful God is at "painting" the leaves every Fall, particularly this Autumn ~ they are spectacular!

I am thankful for... my faith in God, my family and my friends!!

I am wearing... pink long sleeve Tee and blue track pants

I am remembering... how much fun we had at Hubby's Mom's on Saturday for our Thanksgiving feast

I am going... to try and make every day a "Thanksgiving" type day (minus the big turkey dinner and pies... too much work for all that!)

I am reading... My Bible, and  "The Life and Death of Charlie St. Cloud" and studying "Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed" by Priscilla, Beth Moore and Kay Arthur at Abide.

I am hearing... the tick of the kitchen clock and the tap, tap, tap of the computer keys as I type

I am hoping... that the dull headache I've had all day goes away shortly

I need... chocolate!!!

On my mind... planning this week's Abide program and how to get motivated to get back to better blogging and blog hopping

From the learning rooms... allowing God's transforming power to infiltrate my entire life

Noticing that... the weeks are flying by and soon Christmas will be here (and Hubby still hasn't taken his summer vacation ~ California was a business trip with some fun squeezed in)

Pondering these words... "Enter His gates with thanksgiving , and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name."  Psalm 100:4

From the kitchen... I'm enjoying an afternoon cup of Vanilla Chai tea

I am creating... my knitting project for my niece whose expecting in a couple weeks... better get a move on - almost done!

Around the house... Hubby and I just picked up a lovely new piece of pine furniture for the family room.  Looks great!  (picture to come soon!)

One of my favorite things... Thanksgiving Turkey dinner!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Abide prep and Abide, laundry, housecleaning, picking up card for Hubby and celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary...oh and having Dad and "G" come stay with us for a few days!

From my picture journal... 


Thanksgiving Cookies I made, 
along with personalized ones for each family member's plate

You can participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook Meme by linking to the site below:

Have a simply beautiful day!

4 comments:

AliceMum said...

Hi there sweet Sue!! Your Thanksgiving sounds like it was a great family day and that is how it should be..love the cookies..they look so good! Spent today in Frankenmuth with Pam and friend Tina from England..it was a gorgeous day and had lots of fun (and a lot of laughter of course)...so glad you are back here blogging!! Love ya, have a great Tuesday!!
HUGS to you!!

Denise said...

Happy Thanksgiving my friend :) I always think it strange to be celebrating that day in October and not November! Love your cookies, you are so creative :)
I'm trying to play catch up on here AND around the house after our lovely weekend away, PLUS I have the murder mystery party to plan for this Friday... busy week!
Hugs Denise

Tammy said...

I love the cookies you made for Thanksgiving, Sue! So cute. :-) I am anxious for our Thanksgiving now--in fact, I'm practicing staying the attitude of thanksgiving. Right now it's easy but I know that won't always be the case. Anyway, I have missed you this week. Hope we can catch up soon. Love you!

Judy said...

Hi Sue! Such a lovely post, & it was obviously written from a heart that is filled with gratitude. I LOVED your leaf cookies! Were they as good as they look??? Hope you have a lovely weekend, & yes please come back to blogging. Love you Sue!