Saturday, September 18, 2010

Catching Up and A Delayed Random Dozen

Now that my vacation blogging is all caught up, and my first Abide facilitating gig is behind me, I am finally able to catch up on the rest of my life.  This morning I was delighted to FINALLY put away the rest of my clothes from my suitcase that had been strewn on the bedroom floor since early Sunday morning.  How wonderfully de-stressing is a clean floor?!

My first week of Abide went fabulously, despite the upset stomach I carried all morning.  I was constantly comforted in my mind with God's assurances of my friends' love for me and His being in control.  It empowered me to not run the other direction in my moments of sheer terror.  How Good and Faithful is our God!

I'm horribly behind not only in my home this week, but in my online "home" too so without further ado... here is this week's Random Dozen, thanks to Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee:




1. Do you do garage sales? If so, tell me about one great find. If not, tell me why not.  I am SO not a garage sale, kinda girl.  Nope.  Can't stand them.  Why?  Well... it's too much for me.  It reminds me of going to a flea market (or my maternal grandmother's basement).  Clutter everywhere.  I liken it to shopping at Marshall's for me.  I hate routing through and digging to find treasures.  Call me lazy.  I want my treasures displayed all nice and neat for me in co-ordinating colors, styles, etc.

2. Name the last thing you fixed.  Does my hair count? If so, I fixed that Thursday morning!

3. Name your A) Favorite item of makeup OR B) Favorite tool  My favorite item of makeup is my mascara... or at least was.  I loved my Cover Girl Professional with the curved bunch but couldn't find it when I needed mascara while away.  Instead I bought Maybelline and it runs down my face now making me look like a raccoon.

4. Which room in your home needs organizing more than any other?  Totally my bedroom... although the floor can now be seen... my dresser is another matter!

5. Which room could use re-decorating?  Same room... my bedroom.  I am tiring of the yellow walls and we desperately need a new bed set.  The Martha Stewart quilt we bought was a hunk of crap and started fraying almost as soon as it hit the mattress.  I just can't seem to find what I want and when I do, we'll repaint the walls to match.

6. Share something unique about your town.  Hmm... unique?  Our Mayor is in her 80's and people only compete against her in elections to get "practice" for when she retires.  She is well-loved in our City.  She's even been mentioned by Regis and Kelly on their morning show!

7. If you could send a one-sentence message to your great-grandchild, what would it be?  I wish your Grandmother/father had been born so you could exist!

8. Do you Facebook?  Um... do fish swim?  Do birds fly?  That would be a huge YES!

9. Describe your favorite shoes.  I love my Merrell sandals I bought at Dillard's last summer in Myrtle Beach.  They are SO comfy that I wore them on my 4.6 mile trek through San Francisco and my feet didn't hurt.  It was my old lady hips that hurt after that walk!

My favorite sandals

10. Do you listen to more talk radio or more music radio? What kind of station is it?  I listen to more music radio, especially in my SUV with the XM radio set to The Message, a contemporary Christian station.

11. How far would you travel for a really good (favorite) meal?  Well, we've traveled 90 miles from our home to Buffalo, NY, crossing the Canada/US border for Olive Garden so I guess the answer is... pretty far!

12. If you were totally honest with yourself (and us) what should you probably be doing right now instead of blogging?  Instead of blogging at this moment, I should be ironing Hubby's shirts or cleaning my house since that was all laid aside for my Abide prep this week.  You?

So... that's my Random Dozen for the week.  What's yours?  Head on over to Linda's and join in on the fun!


 

1 comment:

Mikki said...

LOL. Loved the 'fixing' the hair .. too funny!