Monday, August 2, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ Aug 2, 2010

FOR TODAY... from Sue's Daybook

Outside my window... another perfect summer day... how did we get SO blessed this Summer?!

I am thinking... that my back is feeling like it's a bout to go out any minute.  Hope the chiro is in tomorrow!

I am thankful for... long weekends and dates with my Hubby.  First Olive Garden on Saturday and then the movies on Sunday!  WOOT WOOT!

I am wearing... a white t-shirt and a periwinkle blue stretch cotton skort 

I am remembering... how long it took to get to Olive Garden this time - what is normally a 90 minute drive from Toronto to Buffalo took us over 3 hours but ooooh was it worth it!!

I am going... to watch The Bachelorette finale tonight and then FINALLY get my life back.  Yep... been obsessed again this season.

I am reading... My Bible, and  Beth Moore's "Jesus: 90 Days with the One and Only".  I just started Karen Kingsbury's "Take Four" too.

I am hearing... sounds of my sweet Hubby just getting up

I am hoping... to spend some time with Hubby over at the pool this aft.

I need... to do laundry... BAD!

On my mind... plans and preparations for our Abide ladies' group at church.  I'm starting to panic a little, if truth be told, about my new position.  

From the learning rooms... His grace is sufficient for me.

Noticing that... the pansies in the container in my back window are DEAD... my sister told me this would most likely happen by mid-summer and she was right!

Pondering these words... from a fellow blogger/Tweeter:  "We have mistakenly thought God is more concerned with our happiness than our holiness"

From the kitchen... so far... just some tea but I really should eat some breakfast.

I am creating... my knitting project for my niece whose expecting in October

Around the house... it is wonderful to have my Hubby home on this holiday weekend!

One of my favorite things... summer sunshine and warmth.

A few plans for the rest of the week... doing some work on Abide planning, the usual housework, and hopefully catching up with some friends.  On the weekend we have a bday party to attend as well.

From my picture journal... 

Remember at the start of Summer, when my front walkway garden started like this...


and then in early June looked like this...


Well... here it is this morning...



I think I found the right plants for this area.  Whadda ya think?

You can participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook Meme by linking to the site below:

Have a simply beautiful day!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Oh I love your plants, wow they are doing great. As you can imagine my flower pots are a mess now, half dead flowers in all this heat, I don't even like to go out there to try and water :( I'll have a tidy up again when cooler weather comes.
Have a lovely week.
xxxxx

Abby said...

Your flowers are gorgeous!!! See! You do have a green thumb:)

Cindy said...

Wow, I think you have found the right flowers Sue. They look awesome.

How is that back doing now?

Hope your having a wonderful start to your week.
Hugs,
Me