Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday, Already?

My how the weeks are flying by.  Can you believe it's the first weekend of August already??

Although Summer still has at least another month to go, today the weather reminded me that we are indeed in August.  There was a crispness to the air today that we haven't felt much this Summer.  It's been a fabulous summer in my mind with hot, hazy and humid days being the norm.  Today was hopefully an exception to the rule, at least for a few more weeks.  Tonight, going to Baskin-Robbins for ice cream with friends, I needed to wear capris and a sweater instead of my usual shorts and t-shirt.  I'm not ready for cooler weather just yet.  Can it please wait until at least Labor Day?

This morning I had tea with one of the women from our church, discussing some ideas she has for our ladies' group.  It was a lovely time of getting to know one another better and many of her ideas are ones that had been floating around in my mind as I've thought and prayed in preparation for the coming semester of "Abide", our church ladies' group I'll be facilitating come September.  I feel a little like Moses in this new role, some days asking God "Are you sure you have the right person for this job?  I'm really not that good in front of people!"  Every time I ask Him that though, I feel a resounding "Yes... I have the right person" answer in my spirit.  I know one thing for sure... He will have to do it in me because there is NO WAY I can do it myself!  I'm much too insecure for that!

After our time of tea, I stopped by the church to check on the bulletin board situation there and then went to a couple of stores in search for scrapbook paper and adornments to begin preparing the bulletin boards announcing our Fall session.  I'm hoping to get that done next week so I can post some things up prior to heading off to the Lake the following week.  I truly only have two weeks left home before I'm out of the country until the week before we begin.  I'll need to remind myself each morning... FOCUS! and then I'll get things done.  Procrastination is my middle name I fear!

Well... although it's been awhile... I thought I'd get back into some Meme fun today so here is this week's Friday Fill-ins:



And...here we go!

1. Life is sometimes a little boring during the Summer, but really I can't complain.  I have a very blessed life.

2. The days keep going way too fast and I feel like I don't get much accomplished.  Anyone relate?

3. My last text message (or IM) ended in these three words: Love ya.  Nite.

4. The thick delicious looking steaks I bought this week is what I'm thinking about for dinner sometime soon.  Maybe Sunday!

5. On the 1st day of August we went to church and then came home, ate lunch and went for a swim.

6. Our friend's daughter tonight was very lively and energetic, especially after my Hubby kept giving her more of his ice cream cone.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to hitting my pillow cuz I'm tired, tomorrow my plans include attending Hubby's niece's birthday party and Sunday, I want to go to church and then come home and soak in some sunshine by the pool!

Okay... it's your turn now!

4 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Well how are you doing? Glad you popped by. I think we all have been busy this summer for one thing or another. Soccer season starts today with a Tournament...then it gets crazy. Cheer, soccer, theater, school, church. You name it.
Today it is feeling like fall when i walked out my door. Crisp air with dew on the ground. I love fall.
Have a restful weekend.
Hugs,
MImi

Judy said...

Hi Sue! So lovely to stop here & have a visit with you. Now as I read, I can 'hear' you talking this post, since I got to hear your sweet voice. :-)

Can you believe that we are nearing the fall season??? I can't! This summer has flown by. I will admit though, I will be more than ready for cooler temps. Vegas summers are brutal.
I think you are going to be a wonderful leader in your Abide group Sue. And yes, I think He has the right person! Sending you big hugs!! Love you

Abby said...

I'm sure you will be wonderful facilitating your group. You are such a wonderful woman of God and he will use you!

I've missed your posts! It was good "catching up" with you through this post:)

Denise said...

Oh you are SO lucky to already feel a 'crispness' in the air, it's going to be over 100 degrees here every day this week :-/
I'm ready for Fall, SO SO ready!