Monday, July 26, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ July 26, 2010

FOR TODAY... from Sue's Daybook

Outside my window... another perfect summer day... how did we get SO blessed this Summer?!

I am thinking... there's only 24 hours left until my precious Hubby is home from his whirlwind business trip.

I am thankful for... answered prayer ~ Hubby told me his back was feeling much better yesterday.  (Let's hope it holds for the 15+ hour flight home)

I am wearing... an odd combo of my Boyd's Bear "Bear Butt" shorts and gray Snoopy T (I was napping so just grabbed comfy clothes!)

I am remembering... how long the weekend felt

I am going... to watch The Bachelorette: Men Tell All tonight

I am reading... My Bible, and  Beth Moore's "Jesus: 90 Days with the One and Only".  I FINALLY finished Priscilla Shirer's "And We Are Changed"  (it was GOOD!!)

I am hearing... the tv

I am hoping... the plants I moved in my front garden can survive their new spot in this summer sun.  (I may regret moving them)

I need... to do the ironing before Hubby comes home tomorrow.

On my mind... my Sweetie... as he prepares to get up and make his way back to the airport

From the learning rooms... we don't need to worry about anything, God's looking out for everything

Noticing that... the summer is flying by WAY too quickly and I don't really have much to show for it

Pondering these words... "Christ can perform astounding wonders when we bring Him all we have" (taken from Jesus:90 days with the One and Only by Beth Moore (p198))

From the kitchen... the dishwasher is waiting to be unloaded.

I am creating... my knitting project for my niece whose expecting in October

Around the house... things are pretty quiet

One of my favorite things... having lunch with a good friend!!

A few plans for the rest of the week... another quiet week of hanging out at home doing chores and anticipating Hubby's safe arrival home

From my picture journal... 



This week a year ago I was at my Dad's place on the Lake with family.
Here Jen and I are toasting marshmallows... and Buddy too!

You can participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook Meme by linking to the site below:

Have a simply beautiful day!

4 comments:

Denise said...

I wish we could have a perfect summer day! Hope Dougie arrives home soon and his back is much better. Keeping him in prayer.
hugs
xxxx

Lisa said...

That is a wonderful picture Sue, looks very relaxing. Did Buddy get a marshmallow....

Judy said...

Hi Sue! Hope hubby is home safe & sound now. Hope his back holds up too. Back pain is a real...well, pain! :-)

Loved the picture you shared. Always a treat to see 'you'. Love you Sue! Sending big hugs

Karen said...

Seeing your picture of marshmallow roasting takes me back to our annual late-spring river cabin trip to WV. My favorite place to be. I can't wait 'til next spring.