Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Return of Linda's Random Dozen Meme - YAY!!

As I look at the calendar today a few things come to my mind.  1.  Why is it that once August 1st comes, the month seems to whip by?  2.  Today is the day, 18 years ago that I became an official "Great" Aunt (I always knew I was a great aunt... but the birth of Kaitlynne made it official!!  Happy Birthday College bound Girl!).  3.  Today, Linda, from 2nd Cup of Coffee has returned with her Random Dozen Meme... so... without further ado, here we go...

1. When was the last time you laughed until you cried?  About a week ago, my friend Amy called me when she returned home from her camping vacation.  I'd given her a trio of my favorite books by Kristin Billerbeck to read while she was away.  I wasn't home when she called so she left me a voice mail, using the character names and totally making me crack up laughing as she left her message "in character".  It was hilarious!
  
2. If you found $10 today, what would you do with it?
 I'd love to say I'd do something hugely humanitarian with it, but I'd probably just stick it in my purse and use it sometime later for some small purchase while out and about.  


3. Do you volunteer anywhere?  Does ladies' group at church count? 


4. What is your favorite summertime veggie or fruit, and how do you eat it?  I LOVE raspberries, and garden grown tomatoes... and corn on the cob.  The raspberries are preferred with fresh whipping cream or ice cream... the tomatoes are enjoyed either in a toasted tomato sandwich or alone with lots of salt/pepper on and corn on the cob needs to be drenched in butter, salt and pepper!


5. Is your social sphere (circle of friends) small, medium or large?  
I think I would say somewhere between small and medium including both offline and online friends - probably medium if you combined the two groups.


6. When was the last time you attended a family or school reunion? How did that go?  In May we had a family reunion of sorts with my siblings and parents to celebrate Dad's 80th belated birthday.  It was WONDERFUL!  Never been to a school reunion... and never care to thanks!


7. When you're feeling blue, what is the best way someone can cheer you up?  Hmm... I would think that it would depend on why I'm blue.  Sometimes I just need a distraction to snap me out of it... other times I need a shoulder to cry on... other times I need a good swift kick in the reality head to get me back on track.  


8. Have you taken a vacation this summer?  Not yet!  We head to the Lake for a few days next week and then in a few weeks after that we're off to Cal-i-forn-ia!!


9. What is the most unnecessary item you carry with you all the time?  Is it wrong if I say my cellphone?  I don't use it that often so it seems rather unnecessary... although if it had facebook, twitter and internet on it, then that would be a completely different story!


10. What is the best summer flick you have seen so far?  We haven't been to the movies much this summer so I guess I'd say Charlie St. Cloud.  We really enjoyed it!


11. Describe a perfect summer day.  My perfect summer day would consist of Hubby being off work... and we'd be on vacation at the ocean... sitting in the sand... and the sky would be cloudless... temperature in the high 80's-low 90's with a gentle sea breeze.  We would play in the surf on our  boogie boards and the hours would tick by super slow so the day would feel like it lasts forever.


12. Please a share a favorite photo from the summer so far!  






I didn't take this picture.  My niece's hubby took it of the triplets at 
my Dad's place on the Lake this summer... Aren't they THE cutest sunbathers EVER?!


Speaking of the triplets... I was so thrilled to get a little visit in with them today before I had to go to a meeting for Abide (our church ladies' group)  I haven't seen them in almost a month and it was SO good to smother those little chubby cheeks with "Auntie Love Kisses".  Mmmm they are YUMMY  babies!  They are 8 months already... can you believe that?  It'll be awhile before I see them again, unless I can sneak in a visit in 2 weeks before we fly away.  


6 comments:

Katie :o) said...

Wow! Triplets! Very adorable picture :o)

Joyce said...

Oh my word...those babies! How do you stand the sweetness???

I haven't seen Charlie St. Cloud...It looked like it might be sad and I have to be in the right frame of mind for that.

Have a great time in California!

Capri K @ No Whining Allowed said...

Stopped by from the Random Dozen.
I loved those Kristin Billerbeck books!
Those triplets look completely adorable!

Denise said...

Very sweet post, loved reading your answers :) I'd love a day at the beach if only cos it would be much cooler than here. To be honest I would rather sit around a pool with my family or friends but I like walking along the beach in the evening and seeing the sun set (if you're on the right side of course, otherwise you'd have to get up really early to see it rise) ;)
Hope you're having a good day, I'm still pottering around in my jimjams again and it's after 10am!

Judy said...

Hi Sue! Loved reading here today. I must say though, those babies win the prize!! I cannot believe they are already 8 months old, & how beautiful are they??!! So chubby & healthy looking! That little girl stuck in the middle stole my heart. You are a very blessed Auntie! Love you Sue! Hugs

Mikki said...

Oh I love reading these things. A great way to get to know you better.

Those triplets are just tooo adorable!!

Have a great one!