Friday, August 13, 2010

Going UnPlugged

Being Friday, I would normally be looking forward to posting my regular Friday memes here, but this week, and particularly today I've been running like a maniac trying to get myself in order to take off to my Dad's place on the Lake up north.  While there for the week, I'll be "unplugged" from the internet, most likely going through horrific withdrawl from my social networking and blogosphere friends.

The week was full of errands, meetings and prep for our little getaway to the cottage.  Wednesday afternoon I had a meeting with our Abide team to prepare further for our upcoming September launch and then I spent Thursday putting together the final touches for the bulletin boards to post in the church today.  I've also been to the bank, the grocery store (twice) and the drug store (for magazines to read on the dock).  I've prepped The Nephew for garden-watering procedures needed and packed my clothes, groceries, knitting and games.  I even got around to cleaning our ensuite!

My sister and her hubby from NC are coming up to join us at Dad's.  I'm looking forward to spending time with them and at some point we're hoping to go off to the spa with our step-Mom to get our nails done.  I'm sure there will be lots of laughing, chatting and eating, as well as some time lounging in the sun, playing behind the boat and swimming in the (hopefully still) warm lake water.  There will be some major reading time too I hope because I've got my Sony E-reader stocked up with some of my favorite authors' latest books.  Hopefully the time won't whip by too quickly because I think I'll need some down time before we head off on Hubby's business trip to California.  That will be a BUSY time!!

So... without further ado... I will miss you my blogging friends.  I will be back in a week's time to fill you in on what my week has held and hopefully will have some fun pics to share with you too!  Have a good one!! 



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a nice time relaxing this week!

KrnDrln said...

Enjoy your time with family! There is nothing more precious to me! :)

Abby said...

We will miss you! Have a great time and get some relaxation in! :)