Hubby and I got to Dad and G's around 10:30am on the 14th. It was a humid weekend and we certainly felt the lack of air conditioning in the woods, yet with the humidity came warm lake water so I actually got in to
Monday was my birthday and I awoke to a delicious breakfast made by my Sweetie, of French Toast with berries, and bacon. Mmmm! We all sat around the table and enjoyed my fresh new morning on the OTHER side of my 40's. Yikes! The rest of "my" day was spent going for a long walk to the waterfall down the road, reading, playing games and being loved upon by my family. Hubby BBQ'd steaks, potatoes and veggies and then we had a delicious raspberry vanilla cake with whipped cream frosting and shaved chocolate for dessert. It was delicious!!
For my bday Hubby got me a GC to Best Buy (which I bought portable docking speakers/charger for my iTouch), Martha Stewart's Cupcake book,
this cool Wilton icing tip thingy and a cupcake stand. My sister and brother-in-law gave me a cool little white box full of notepads, pens and Snoopy stickers!
After dinner and gifts we played Dominoes around the kitchen table which is something our family LOVES to do at the cottage... play games!
Tuesday we "youngins" hung out at the dock
and then played outdoor games (Ladder toss and beanbag toss) before Hubby had to head back to the big City. After he left, G, C and I drove one exit down to the Inn and Spa where we swam in the fresh indoor pool and enjoyed a nice hot tub stay before going and having our nails done.
G and I had pedicures while C had her nails done. I talked her into getting purple nails to go with my funky green toe color for California! If I can't be a skinny blonde over there... at least I'll have funky toes!
Wednesday was a perfect summer day and we spent the majority of it down at the dock, in the water or playing the outdoor games... and laughing our heads off. Thursday was rainy, which made it easy to stay indoors and pack up for our trip home. We left Thursday after dinner so we could be home to go to Canada's Wonderland with Hubby and some of my bro-in-law's siblings/niblings.
Friday was a BLAST! We rode the rides ~ even the super scary Bohemoth... TWICE ~ played at the water park after lunch, and caught the Snoopy on Ice show. We laughed and screamed. It was SO much fun! I want to go back ASAP! We ended the night with the to-die-for Funnel Cakes and head home with sore feet and happy hearts.
Now I'm home... running like a madwoman... but stopping for a moment to get back on the blogging bandwagon and this week's Random Dozen, thanks to Linda over at 2nd Cup of Coffee. Here's this week's questions:
1. What is your favorite Mexican dish? I'm not an overly adventurous eater so I'd have to say quesadillas.
2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate? Procrastination is my middle name!
3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings? If we're talking the little things (sheets/towels, gadgets) Bed, Bath & Beyond... if we're talking furniture... a store in my neighborhood called Woodcraft.
4. When you were young, did you like school lunches? Not at all - BORING! Seriously... how many days in a row can you eat the same boring sandwich? Blech!
5. Is religion a crutch? I don't think it's a crutch at all. I do though believe that church is like a military hospital, where the wounded soldiers go in for healing (and maybe the odd crutch) but then go out restored and ready to do more battle.
6. In your region, what is the "big" (most popular in the community or state) high school sport? Is it wrong that I have NO idea?
7. Do you consider yourself rich? Monetarily ... it would depend on how you define rich and who you're comparing me to. According to society - nope, not rich. Compared to someone in a third world country or a homeless man on a downtown city street - absolutely! What I AM rich in though for certain is in love and God's blessings!!
8. Which of these would you have the best chance for success in administering:
A) CPR
B) Heimlich Maneuver
C) Changing a flat tire
Well... I'd have to say "C" but barely. I'd actually suck at all 3 if truth be told!
9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:
A) Salsa
B) Hip Hop
C) Waltz
D) Swing
I'd LOVE to learn Swing, although I'm super non-bendy so I'd probably kill myself trying but it looks like SO much fun and I just love watching swing dancers go at it! Reminds me of that movie Blast from the Past when Brendan Fraser's character is dancing with 2 girls in the bar. Looks like SO much fun!!
10. What's the worst news you've ever delivered to someone? I really don't know.
11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics. Um... here is where I confess that I only did a few months of college (as an adult student in my mid-20's)... I learned that I'm not a student (no matter how old I am) and I also learned (to answer the real question)... that you can snort a piece of dental floss and have it come out your mouth - lol. I didn't try this, but I had a friend who did... it was GROSS!
12. New variation on an old question: If there's a song in your head that just won't get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song? Today the answer to this question is the first line in the chorus of "All Along" by Remedy Drive:
All along I was looking for something else
You’re something else
All along I was looking for something more
You’re so much more
I finally found what I could never see before
You’ve always been the one that I was looking for
Now it's your turn. Head on over to Linda's, grab the questions and have fun!








6 comments:
Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I hope your trip to CA is still on too, although where you get the energy for all this traveling I just don't know ;-)
Sounds like you had a great time at the cabin! We love to play Dominoes with our family too! :)
That was a fun packed trip if ever there was one and I agree with my sis - talk about energy it just oozed from every single sentence. Great read though - it's ages since I played dominoes, we don't do it much over here.
So glad you had a wonderful vacation and I enjoyed your Random Dozen too! Happy Belated Birthday! :)
Happy Birthday! I have a big one coming up in September. Unfortunately it isn't 40 : )
Happy Birthday! I too was unplugged for about a week and a half...forcibly though because my trusty laptop was sick and I took it in while we went on vacation. Enjoyed your post, it sounds like you had a really great week!
Post a Comment