I had found these really cool "springy" food colors at the bulk food store in the baking aisle and decided to do a "softer" looking cake than the primary color cake in my "Basic Decorating" guidebook I'd purchased. I also had to alter the pattern a bit since I didn't have a huge star cookie cutter as my outline for the "Happy Birthday" part. Here's the side views of the cake too:
Now onto some Friday memes:

Dear Hubby,
I just want to wish you a Happy Birthday and say how much I love you. It is a delight to celebrate you today and I pray God's richest blessings on you today and each day of your new year! Be sure to take it easy, relax and enjoy yourself tonight and this weekend... NO WORK ALLOWED!!
Your loving (and beyond blessed) wife
The gist of Susanne's meme "Friday's Fave Five" is to think back over the past week and blog about 5 favorite things from the week. It can be anything so here we go... in no particular order:
Number One
Celebrating Hubby and his Twin Sister
As mentioned above, one of my favorite things this week was celebrating Hubby and his twin's birthday at our Canada Day BBQ.
Number Two
Having Krissy and the Triplets Over
While Krissy and I decorated Hubby's cake on Wednesday, Teddy, Josh and Emma slept up on my bed... aren't they so sweet? They unfortunately didn't sleep long... as Josh kicked Emma and woke her up.
Number Three
Listening to Emma's Giggle
During my visit on Tuesday with Krissy and the babies, Krissy had some "giggle time" with Emma that was so adorable. I just had to share it with you ~ hopefully you can listen/watch the video above.
Number Four
Hubby's Joy Opening His Presents
I started this post before Hubby got home from work... but before I finished, we took off for Birthday festivities. We went to the theater for an early movie ~ the Tom Cruise/Cameron Diaz movie "Knight and Day" and then to dinner at The Keg Steakhouse. After filling our tummies with delicious food, we went shopping for a new BBQ (part of Hubby's gift) and then home for leftover cake and gifts. Hubby was thrilled to open his present of DVD series: 2 seasons of Survivor (1st season ~ Borneo & 7th season ~ Pearl Islands) as well as the second season of Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles. See the big smile on his face... and he hadn't even opened his gifts yet!!
Number Five
Ali Kicking Justin "Rated R" to the Curb on The Bachelorette
This week on The Bachelorette, Ali confronted wrestler (and fellow Torontonian), Justin "Rated R" when his then girlfriend Jessica called to tell Ali that he was not only cheating on Ali (because he was dating her prior to going on the Bachelor), but he was also cheating on Jessica with some other girl in Toronto. Nice! Ali was so angry with him that she immediately went to confront him which led him to run away like a frightened school child, hobbling through bushes and fountains on his casted leg trying to get away from the truth that he'd been caught. He eventually came to sit and talk with Ali, denying everything she was confronting him with, only to have the producers run over him with a big ole "bus", by playing the voicemail messages he'd left Jessica in the recent days while on the show, vowing his love to her. It was "the most dramatic episode" yet!
And... finally... Friday Fill-ins:
And...here we go!
1. When it's quiet I try and savor the peace.
2. I haven't done laundry in what seems like a month but in reality it's only been over a week.
3. My heart is full of gratitude and love for God's gift of my Hubby.
4. Happy Birthday Canada too this July 1st week.
5. In the town where I was born there isn't much exciting that goes on.
6. The demonstration of God's love and grace is something I really love about my Hubby.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I was looking forward to celebrating Hubby's big day, tomorrow my plans include going to pick up the new BBQ and Sunday, I want to go to church ~ it's been weeks since we've been at our church!
Okay... your turn!










4 comments:
Wow what a week Sue it certainly seemed to be full and hectic, and what a cake it looked too good to eat but bet it was yummy. Have a blessed Sunday. Jean
Oh that pic of the triplets is SO cute...they are adorable and I could just squeeze them!! Glad you made Doug's birthday so wonderfully great! A fun week though - so many festivities! I certainly hope summer slows down because it's starting with a bang (literally!!) Let's catch up soon (in reality, not virtually!)
Love you :)
That cake looks delicious! I'd like a piece right now:)
Beautiful cake, great job you did it looks yummy. The triplets are adorable, how true it is they never sleep too long. How sweet when a baby laughs, that is precious. I did not know your husband had a twin, that is neat and that cake....mmmmm!!! I am sure he had a great birthday.
Post a Comment