FOR TODAY... from Sue's Daybook
Outside my window... the sun is trying to poke through the clouds, although thunderstorms are on their way
I am thinking... today will be a great day to get some scanning of old family pictures done, while watching Popular DVDs
I am thankful for... quiet weekends with my Hubby!
I am wearing... khaki shorts, red Peanuts t-shirt and my favorite Izod zipped sweatshirt (looks like a scary combination but it's cozy!)
I am remembering... the sounds of baby laughter from last week's precious time spent with Kristin, Teddy, Josh & Emma
I am going... to do some ironing today too while the weather isn't great
I am reading... My Bible, and Beth Moore's "So Long, Insecurity" (almost done!) and "Jesus: 90 Days with the One and Only", plus Priscilla Shirer's "And We Are Changed" (almost done this one too!!)
I am hearing... not much... just enjoying the peace and quiet of my home
I am hoping... that I'm not getting an ear infection. Since last night, I feel a sharp pain in my left ear sporadically. I'll have to keep an eye on that.
I need... for God to direct our vacation plans for this summer. We're still not able to make any yet and the summer will soon be over
On my mind... nothing too pressing today, thankfully
From the learning rooms... Jesus is our source of Peace
Noticing that... being home alone all summer is VERY boring
Pondering these words... from yesterday's passage during the sermon: "Don't be selfish, don't try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don't look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had..." Philippians 4:3-5
From the kitchen... I've grabbed my cup of tea to sit and enjoy while I blog this morning
I am creating... a little knitted something for a special baby on the way this year... something different from what I'd originally started but I think will work out better for this new great-nibling!
Around the house... it's garbage collecting day for me so Hubby can get it out to the curb tomorrow morning. (I know... I live such an exciting life!)
One of my favorite things... hot, hazy and humid summer days!!
A few plans for the rest of the week... pretty quiet week of spending time with God, grocery shopping, cleaning/ironing, scanning photos and on Friday, going to a send-off party to a small group friend leaving on a 2 year missions trip to Africa
From my picture journal...

Josh and Teddy, enjoying a little "Bro" Time on the playmate.
Teddy gives Josh's elbow a little nibble...
and then it begins...

"Say Uncle Josh and I'll let you go"
Ahh... that beautiful brother relationship has begun! hee hee
You can participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook Meme by linking to the site below:
Have a simply beautiful day!



5 comments:
I enjoyed reading your daybook! Thanks for sharing those words you are pondering, they were good for me to hear. :)
You like hot and humid days? really!! You might want to come live in TX for a while, I think you might change your mind ;-)
Cute pics of the boys. Hope you're well. We are terrible at keeping in touch :-/
xxxx
Hi Sue...love your background here, very summery. I too like hot humid summery days. But like a little break from them every now and then.
Sounds like you had a relaxing day...hope your having a wonderful week.
Hugs,
Cindy
Hi Sue!
Enjoyed reading your post. :-)
So you enjoy hot, humid weather? I can't stand it. lol Well, guess I don't mind as long as I am in the AC lol.
Hope your ear isn't giving you any more problems.
Cute pic of the babies!
love you
xoxo
Hi Sue - you wouldn't like Vegas if you like humidity. I can't bear humidity - I wilt!
Love the pic you shared of the babies...so cute!!
Hope no more issues with the ear Sue. Sending you big hugs!
Post a Comment