Monday, June 28, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ June 28, 2010

FOR TODAY... from Sue's Daybook

Outside my window... we just had a quickie shower and now the sun is shining again... bet it didn't take any of that humidity away though ;-)

I am thinking... about how proud I am of my oldest Great-Niece, "K" who is graduating from high school this week.  She's off to college in September!  Here's a pic from her grad party last Sat night:



I am thankful for... the opportunity to spend time with my Family ALL weekend long!

I am wearing... khaki shorts and white tank top

I am remembering... the joy I felt watching the triplet's baby dedication at church yesterday.



I am going... to see Kristin and the babies two more times this week as I help out Tue & Wed!!!

I am reading... My Bible, and  Beth Moore's "So Long, Insecurity", Priscilla Shirer's "And We Are Changed" and devotionals:  "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young and Beth Moore's "Jesus:  90 Days with the One and Only" ... same as last week... still.

I am hearing... "Extra" on the t.v. in the background ~ why do I watch this stuff??

I am hoping... to figure out what to make for Hubby's birthday cake

I need... to figure it out soon since Thursday is a holiday here ~ Canada Day... our 143rd I think.

On my mind... concern over Hubby and the stresses at his job

From the learning rooms... God's peace passes all understanding

Noticing that... there is something eating the leaves of my Stock flowers in the front garden... I picked up something to hopefully stop whatever critter is doing it

From the kitchen... a summer salad is chilling in the fridge and there is corn-on-the-cob waiting to be cooked when The Nephew gets home

I was creating... graduation cupcakes for my Great-Niece's party last Saturday... wanna see?



Around the house... I was tidying up the dining room and cleaning the powder room today before Hubby came home

One of my favorite things... kissing those chubby cheeks of the triplets Mmmm!

A few plans for the rest of the week... TRIPLETS!!!!, Canada Day, Hubby's & his twin's birthday ~ gonna be a good week :-D

From my picture journal... 



Close up of the Grad Cupcakes I designed and created

You can participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook Meme by linking to the site below:

Have a simply beautiful day!

4 comments:

Denise said...

Goodness it's pink in here!!! ;-)
Congrats to your niece on her graduation, I love the cupcakes you made.

Abby said...

Those cupcakes are so cute!!! You have a gift:)

Lisa said...

Those cupcakes look so yummy, maybe you can make those for you hubby's birthday....
You are invited to check out my Time For You blog for a giveaway this week.

Lori said...

I love the cake you made Doug and was it Karen? Gorgeous cake!! I hope they had a grat day and Happy Birthday Canada too!!! :) Have a nice weekend. ((BIG HUGS))!!