Thursday, June 10, 2010

Take My Breath Away

Remember the other day when I O'D'd on water and thought I had drown my kidneys with the overflow of H2O?  Well, I don't think that was the issue.  The past few nights I have awoken with pain in my back that has been roving around which I'm beginning to think is more a back issue than a kidney issue.  The chiropractor did a manual adjustment today and I thought he was going to break my back.  Whoa!  The pain.  Totally took my breath away.   It still hurts to take a deep breath but after my chiropractor appointment today, (and dose of ibuprofen) it doesn't seem as bad as last night, although it sure is still there.   If it's not gone by next week I'll head to my family doctor for investigation.  I've had back problems off and on my entire adult life, after surviving a head-on car collision back when I was in my early 20's.  I will say that I'm learning to give literally each breath to God because He ultimately is my Healer!

Not much else is happening around the ole Nest so I'll just get to my Thursday meme...


Top 3 favorite things you love about Summer

Summer is my most favorite season because it means:

1.  Bare Feet and Sandals Weather


even though by the end of summer my feet are killing me.

2.  Family Vacation (usually at the Ocean)


Love me some sun, sand and surf!! 
 I even enjoy being out in the sun in my backyard, 
although it's MUCH more fun at the beach!

3.  Fresh picked Corn on the Cob


and BBQs.  Mmm!!


What about you?  What are your top 3 favorite things about Summer?  Head over to Kelly's blog to play along with this week's Thursday Top 3.




4 comments:

Jess :) said...

Oh no...I sure hope your back feels better SOON. That can't be any fun. You poor girl. :(

And I want to grab that corn on the cob right through my computer screen!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE fresh corn on the cob. YUMM-O! I also love wearing flip-flops all summer. :)

Keep me posted on your back. I'll be praying that it heals quickly.

He & Me + 3 said...

Sorry about your back...I have a bad back so I can totally sympathize.
Love flip flops and sandals and that corn looks awesomely yummy.

Kelly said...

Great answers love all of them
Thanks for playing. Have a great rest of your week

Lori said...

Hi Sue!! I thought I was having some kidney issues the other night, but they just went away....at least for now. We shall see. I hope you feel better soon.
The pictures are wonderful!!!! ((BIG HUGS))!!!