Hubby is home safe and sound and going to stay put indefinitely for now. YAY!!! I am so happy about that! I just have to point out... I'm not usually this needy where Hubby is concerned. I think it was a trifecta of things that caused my extreme dose of neediness this past week: his uncle's funeral, hormones and spiritual attack. It will quickly pass... I hope!
This afternoon when Hubby got home from work we went over to the pool where we caught up and he filled me in with all the goings on at work. Hubby is like the pied piper of the neighborhood, so much of our pool time was taken up by neighborhood kids rallying for his attention in the pool through breath-holding contests and games of tag, What Time is it Mr. Wolf, and Marco Polo. This man really should have been a father! Sigh.
I was finally able to settle in and get down to some housework today too. Because of the weird "funk" I was in with Hubby's absence, not much got done around the old Nest this week but today I swept and washed the main floor hardwood and ceramics. Felt good I might add.
Let's get to this week's Friday Memes...
First off is Letters of Intent by Foursons:

Dear Hubby,
Welcome Home! I missed you so much more than usual. I'm glad you don't have to take off again Saturday and I'm really looking forward to seeing your handsome face every day! Nothing beats having you here in person. Thanks for all your hard work! Take it easy this weekend, okay?
Love, Your Grateful Wife
Dear Smoking Drivers,
I understand that your love of those paper cancer sticks is addictive and all, but must you use the highways and bi-ways as your personal ashtray? That is what the ashtray in your car is for and if for some reason yours is missing in your vehicle... you can always use a popcan. Leave your butts off the road or I may just have to shout out to you that you've dropped something along your way!
Signed A Fellow Driver
And on to Friday's Fave Five thanks to Susanne:
The gist of Susanne's meme "Friday's Fave Five" is to think back over the past week and blog about 5 favorite things from the week. It can be anything so here we go... in no particular order:
Number One
Having my Hubby home! As you all know, I missed him inordinately more than usual and I'm tickled pink to have my most favorite person on earth back home with me!!
Number Two:
My Garden! Almost every morning I open the garage door and head out to my front garden to check on what's growing well and what's still struggling. Some of my fragrant "Stock" flowers are starting to really bloom and I'm feeling much better about my newly green thumb.
Number Three
Back To The Future Trilogy. These are 3 of my favorite movies of all time. My kind of sci-fi for sure!
Number Four
Meredith Andrews... one of the many great worship CDs I've been listening to this week. Have you heard, "You Invite Me In" or "You're Not Alone" yet? Great music!
Number Five
Hanging Out With Girlfriends. Twice this week I got out to hang with my Girls! Once tagging along on a nature walk with a few moms and their young kids, and another afternoon hanging with Amy, one of my BFFs! It was time well spent!
What are your Five Fave's this Friday? Head over to Susanne's to play along!








5 comments:
Hi Sue!! Glad Doug made it home safe and sound. Have a wonderful weekend!! ((BIG HUGS))!!
It is so weird how one can get in a funk and not want to do anything, it happens to me sometimes and I hate.
Glad your hubby is home, he looks like a very nice gentleman.
WE went to church with Meredith and heard her sing when she was in high school. She is amazing and was an amazing Christian girl way back then.
So glad hubs made it home safely. Cute picture of him too.
I love my flip flops. Wear them everyday in the summer.
Your garden looks great! And I'm so happy that your hubby doesn't have to go back out of town! Yay!
Oh now I REALLY want to hear Meredith Andrews.... too funny that Mimi went to school with her... maybe I have ... I am bad with names!! =) will giver her a listen!! do you know Carolyn Arends?? my hubby went to school with her... beautiful Christian music... her music inspired my blog name!! =)
Post a Comment