Monday, May 17, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ Week of May 17, 2010 ~ Abide Banquet Edition

FOR TODAY... from Sue's Daybook a look back at our "Abide" Ladies' Banquet Sat May 15/10

Inside the banquet room... the tables were decorated beautifully with candles and centerpieces crafted by two of our ladies



I am thinking... the lavender and pear soaps were a nice touch and special little gift for the ladies in attendance.

I am thankful for... the Difference Makers in my life.  That was the theme of our night.

I wore... my white and green sleeveless dress and white strappy sandals

I am remembering... the room full of women and the happy chatter of 80+ women catching up and meeting new friends



I am going... to hope and pray that next year's banquet can be just as wonderful.

I heard... lots of good feedback about our Difference Maker boards Amy and I put together



I am hoping... the women enjoyed themselves as much as we on the committee did

I need... to rest this week to recoup energy from last week's busyness

On my mind... a few thoughts from Margo's talk while I ponder what God is speaking to me from it

From the learning rooms... I believe God is challenging me to "push out further" from what Margo was sharing

Noticing that... in our game, our winners smoked the other contestants.  The two winners truly knew their friend best!

From the kitchen... our caterers provided a delicious meal of chicken tortellini, spring mix salad and fresh bread with delicious cupcakes to end the meal.

I am creating... mental notes of what worked well and what we can improve for next year's banquet.

One of my favorite things... seeing the women of our church united, especially those who aren't able to make it to our group Thursday mornings

From my picture journal... 



Our table... the best in the house (at least in our opinion)


You can participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook Meme by linking to the site below:

Have a simply beautiful day!

4 comments:

Denise said...

Looks like a wonderful banquet, you girls all look so sweet :) Have a wonderful week.
hugs
Denise

Beth Zimmerman said...

Appears that a lovely time was enjoyed by all!

Abby said...

So glad the banquet was a huge success! What a cute idea to give little soaps away! LOVE your dress! So cute!!

Darylynn said...

Hi Sue! Looks like a wonderful time and I agree your table looks like a great group! I wish we had cardinals here- they're so pretty! Glee- love that show and tonight's will be fun with Neil Patrick Harris (if I can squeeze it in with all the other shows!) Survivr- such a great seasn. I love Jeff Probst- he's so good at hosting the show. Also love Brad Paisley- his songs are so cleverly written. I love the video for "I'm so much cooler online. " I'm all over the place here but trying to catch up. Been very busy and the boys will be here W, Th and F! (((Hugz)))