Okay. I didn't make the furniture, but I did assemble it today. In this week's flyers I found the PERFECT "Debbie Travis" cupboard to go over the toilet in the powder room. Remember our newly redecorated powder room? If not, here's a picture:
In our little remodel we replaced the builder installed pedestal sink to this "country" vanity and then found the perfect matching mirror to complement it (not seen in this picture). Over the toilet was a wooden cupboard which although country in style, didn't look as good as it previously had. When I saw the new cupboard in the flyer I thought it would work better.
When I got up this morning, before grocery shopping, I head to the store and purchased the cupboard. It came in a flat box so immediately I knew it was a "do it yourself" project, which normally means a "do it Hubby" project. Seriously though, could you wait until the weekend for assembly? I knew Hubby wouldn't get a chance to put it together and to be honest, I was up for the challenge.
Ripping carefully into the cardboard box, I found the instructions and sorted through the numbered pieces. Being a "Debbie Travis" cupboard, one would assume Debbie had some input in the instructions and it was telling in that each step of the process had it's "nuts and bolts" in individual zip lock baggies. Totally organized like one would expect from a Type A decorator!
Step by step I followed along, following each detailed instruction. Twisting the screws, matching wooden dowel holes until there on the floor before me was VOILA... a completed cupboard! I can't show you it hanging in it's place yet because that may have to wait until the weekend and Hubby, but here's my completed project:
Now, my arms feel like spaghetti from all that wrist twisting with the screwdriver, but isn't it pretty!! Hubby just got home and saw the cupboard and is pumped to get it up now. I may just have a picture to show you. Stay tuned for an update!




1 comment:
So cute!!! Good job! I can't wait to see a picture of it hanging in your finished bathroom:)
Post a Comment