FOR TODAY... from Sue's Daybook
Outside my window... the sun is shining although the temperature is a little brisk
I am thinking... where has the day gone?? I got nothing done I'd set out to do today.
I am thankful for... my Mom, who loved me and gave so much of herself to her family, despite health issues and pain. I'm thankful that she is with Jesus, whole and happy!
I am wearing... black yoga pants, white long-sleeve t-shirt, blue sweatshirt
I am remembering... what a fun week I had last week with my sister here from NC.
I am going... to shower soon before Dad and Gelene come for dinner.
I am reading... My Bible, and Beth Moore's "So Long, Insecurity"
I am hearing... nothing but the gentle whir of my laptop
I am hoping... that all goes well this week in preparation of our ladies' banquet Saturday night
I need... to get to that huge pile of ironing in the laundry room... but maybe tomorrow ;-)
On my mind... a few things on the "to-do" list that I need to do
From the learning rooms... when God asks us to do something, He will give us what we need to accomplish it!
Noticing that... time is ticking way too fast today!!
Pondering these words... "I'd rather press through the discomfort of staring at my weaknesses than live in denial and bondage. The enemy of your (my) soul has a tremendous amount to gain if you (I) don't deal with your (my) insecurities" from Beth Moore's "So Long, Insecurity"
From the kitchen... I'll be making my Mom's recipe for "Company Meatballs" with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli and baby carrots for dinner tonight.
I am creating... nothing yet, but very soon a new baby gift... for my niece "R" who just announced she and her hubby "A" are expecting their first baby in October! Better pick out a pattern and get a move on it!!
Around the house... my floors need a good sweep.
One of my favorite things... sleeping... of which I haven't done enough of lately.
A few plans for the rest of the week... tidying up, prep for the banquet, laundry, ironing... nothing too exciting this week.
From my picture journal...
You can participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook Meme by linking to the site below:
Have a simply beautiful day!




3 comments:
Hi Sue! Enjoyed your SWD entry and also the one about your mom. I lost my mom in 2001 and it was hard for me being an only child. My father had died when I was only 16 so we were pretty much all we had until I got married. Even then, she lived with us until the day she died.
Yes, Survivor has been so fascinating! So much fun knowing all the cast from the get-go. I don't think Russell can win with the jury- just like last time. He's quite the out of the box thinker, tho. Always surprises me!
Enjoy the week ahead! (((Hugz)))
I am thankful my mom is with Jesus too... smiling down on me as I raise my babies!?! who really shouldn't be called babies anymore! =)
I really want to get that book ~ I need to spend a few minutes just ordering it for pity sakes! =)
I have been here before.. but get so caught up in life... it gets hard to make it back around to all the wonderful blogs you find! I'll be back!!
I could have written over half of these answers. They were the same as mine.
I have gotten nothing done that I set out to do today either:) I am wearing black yoga pants too:) I love them they are so comfy.
I am going to shower soon too. Or maybe not. LOL
It takes so long somedays to get ready to face the day.
I just need more hours in the day and I need more sleep too.
Post a Comment